Esteemed Contributor

Re: Received expired Lancome foundation

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Why order Lancome from Q when HSN has it on the air, I would think their stock is more fresh. 

i don't think that makes a difference...seems like warehouses are trying to get rid of their inventory.....without any respect to their customers.....just not right....

Honored Contributor

@nana59 @It's not any fresher. It seems that sellers are trying to use up the overages they have in stock before Lancome has new stock to defend them. Even Lancome . com is low on stock right now and only has a few shades they are selling....trying to get rid of. Pretty sure that sellers ordered and were sitting on the stock due to pandemic. By the time sales began to pick back up they still had to get rid of the stock that's left in their warehouses. HSN, at least up until two days ago, was only selling six shades. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@nana59 @It is not a manufacture date. It is clearly written on it that it is an expiration date. Lancome was questioned about this on another website and their response was something to the effect that the product could last beyond the expiration date. This does a person no good if their product has undergone so much oxidation as to be unwearable. Lancôme's own site is low on stock of Teint Idole. I go on it every day because I'm awaiting some fresh stock. 

not acceptable to sell expired items unless clearly stated and at a deep discount like the Dollar Store

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Why order Lancome from Q when HSN has it on the air, I would think their stock is more fresh. 

@Shelbelle 

I just received defective Lancome Bifocils Remover from HSN.

Actually had curd floating in it!  Reviews stated the same problem.

HSN IS NO BETTER and def NOT FRESH product.

Honored Contributor

This is certainly not  pretty picture for such a prestigious brand, I wouild let Lancome CS know too. 

Respected Contributor

@TamiT28 wrote:

I think I saw on the Beauty forums recently that people were having issues with receiving expired IT cosmetics.....well I just received expired Lancome foundation!!

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Liquid SPF 15, expired 3 months ago July 2021.

Of course, when I chatted live with customer service they are sending me a return label to send it back, but really? 

QVC please go through your warehouse and clean out the expired products!!

@TamiT28   YES.  That was me and another poster whose name escapes me right this second but it'll come to me.  She was the original poster who received expired makeup which then made me run to check the new stuff I had just received.  I'm STILL waiting for someone from The Q to contact me (I'm turning gray waiting).  Shameful, eh, that they continue to sell it?  As a matter of fact, the IT Cosmetics I purchased from The Q only had a number on the crimp, not the expiration date.  The same exact makeup I purchased from Macy's had an expiration date.  Makes me wonder if certain products are made specifically for certain places.  Hmmmm.  

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@TamiT28 @I was the one that posted on the Beauty Forum about my receiving expired Lancome Teint idole. I made arrangements to return it. Mine was extremely oxided and appeared orange. The liquid also haf an odd texture, with a grittiness to it. There were similar complaints of expired Lancome foundation on Macy's site and on Lancôme's own site. 

@TamiT28 @Mindy D Tami, I knew as soon as I saw Mindy's name I'd remember!  It was Mindy who was the original poster.  Hiiii, Mindy!!  :-))))

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle , Post 4 indicates there have been the same expired product complaints from Lancome sold in Macy's and its own website.

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood 

Makes me wonder if certain products are made specifically for certain places.

I don't know about this specific case but absolutely some products are made for certain retailers.

Honored Contributor

Just checked my latest bottle of Lancome Tient Idole.  Expires 2/23.  Ordered this month from Ulta