Trusted Contributor

Re: Received email from HSN re SKINN Cleanser AS

Just wanted to give an update that I just got the dreaded discontinued autoship email on the TSV from last June. It says once the current inventory is sold out it will be cancelled. I tried to get a shipment sent but it won't go thru. Sad as I liked the cleansers. Glad I was able to get a shipment in February because of the heads-up on this thread before mine was cancelled. In case anyone still has the autoship and has a shipment scheduled you might want to let it come if you need it before you get the email.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

@kathie66 wrote:

Just wanted to give an update that I just got the dreaded discontinued autoship email on the TSV from last June. It says once the current inventory is sold out it will be cancelled. I tried to get a shipment sent but it won't go thru. Sad as I liked the cleansers. Glad I was able to get a shipment in February because of the heads-up on this thread before mine was cancelled. In case anyone still has the autoship and has a shipment scheduled you might want to let it come if you need it before you get the email.

@kathie66  - I am so sorry you got the dreaded email.  

Valued Contributor

@kathie66 wrote:

Thanks for the update. How is it possible that we are all getting the emails at different times?  You would think they would just cancel all of them in one sweep. 

The company is lying to us. They do have inventory, because right after many of us got the email cancelling our AS, the cleansers were offered at a much higher price as a weekly deal drop. Very deceptive and will make me think twice about buying SKINN products in the future. Many other brands offer cleansers for a more reasonable price. 

Honored Contributor

There are great cleansers that are not Skinn at a more reasonable cost. Woman Very Happy I am done with Skinn due to the high prices these days and no kits.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@CorrTor  and @kathie66  - My thought would have been - if they had wanted to keep current AS customers - to keep those of us that were on their AS program at our AS price but increase the price going forward.  That would have seemed good customer service.  Since they treated customers the way that they did, I have cancelled all but 2 of my AS and won't buy anything new from SKINN.  Haven't decided whether or not I will keep my current AS for DermaPeel or the Manuka Honey oil but still have time to decide on those.

Honored Contributor

There's some chatter about this on the Skinn - Dimitri Tips and Tricks (or whatever it's called) Facebook page. Some folks are annoyed and the die hards are defending. Pretty much what you'd expect.  Ridiculous pricing on the updated price. IMO.

As a recommendation, I'm new to trying Sebamed Face & Body Wash for sensitive and problematic skin, and so far I like it.  It's gentle and non-foaming, rinses easily. I don't have either sensitive or problematic skin, but believe anyone can use this if they want something gentle. I put the 13.5 oz bottle on an Amazon subscription and the first shipment came to a little over $10.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

There's some chatter about this on the Skinn - Dimitri Tips and Tricks (or whatever it's called) Facebook page. Some folks are annoyed and the die hards are defending. Pretty much what you'd expect.  Ridiculous pricing on the updated price. IMO.

As a recommendation, I'm new to trying Sebamed Face & Body Wash for sensitive and problematic skin, and so far I like it.  It's gentle and non-foaming, rinses easily. I don't have either sensitive or problematic skin, but believe anyone can use this if they want something gentle. I put the 13.5 oz bottle on an Amazon subscription and the first shipment came to a little over $10.

@JeanLouiseFinch  - I wrote on that FB page that the new price was not a good deal and how displeased I was with it and got some die-hard SKINN fan responses.  I let it go.  I also "unfollowed" that page as I was not happy with SKINN.  Haven't missed it.  Going to check out your suggestion for a cleanser.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, BTW, I got my hand slapped on that page a few weeks ago.  I don't even remember what the thread was about, but the PTB didn't like my observation or directness in what I said, and they deleted my comment, then sent me something about their rules.  I don't really comment much,  just have it for newsy type stuff. 
😆😆😆😆

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Oh, BTW, I got my hand slapped on that page a few weeks ago.  I don't even remember what the thread was about, but the PTB didn't like my observation or directness in what I said, and they deleted my comment, then sent me something about their rules.  I don't really comment much,  just have it for newsy type stuff. 
😆😆😆😆

@JeanLouiseFinch  - Well now isn't that interesting.  Shame on you!  LOLOL  Would have loved to have read your post.  Good for you for shaking things up a bit and being honest. 

Trusted Contributor

Why would they do this right before the TS next week? Maybe they are assuming that loyal customers would buy no matter whatSmiley Indifferent

Every beauty brand on HSN had at least 1 product at a great price for Customer appreciation event, not Skinn. The best I saw was Divine Elixir 0.5 oz bottle was at $20, which isn't a great deal at $40 an oz IMO. 

There are excellent cleansers for a lot less. K-beauty has some great ones too.