Honored Contributor

Received a call from QVC Today

This post is not entirely about Beauty but kind of is in the end.

Received a call about some D&C jeans that I placed an order for around 9/4. They were a TSV and the ship date was supposedly late Sept.  Ok, not a big deal.  Got a call today that they won't ship now until Oct. 18.   This is unacceptable. I get that retailers are having a hard time with supply but QVC is literally the only place I've orderd from - and I order a lot online - that is having this much of a problem with their merchandise and shipping.

Was watching the IT Cosmetics hour with Jane just now and thinking about all thats been happening at the Q for the past year or so, and then all thats happened in the last day or two.  It must be so hard for the hosts to sell anything - beauty, fashion, etc., knowing that QVC is so obviously having problems and all the changes that seem to be taking place.

Watching Jane sell IT Cosmetics and act like all is well at the Q and be in her "selling" mode, was almost painful.  Not bashing Jane.  Just saying to have to be that "on" when on air knowing what is happening behind the scenes must be very hard.

Honored Contributor

Re: Received a call from QVC Today

@JudyL 

Well it speaks volumes for her acting ability!  Do you think QVC will be closing it's doors in the near future?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

Well it speaks volumes for her acting ability!  Do you think QVC will be closing it's doors in the near future?

@monicakm No I don't.  I've been through changes at my company a few times, and times get tough and lean and people get laid off.  But QVC has a new CEO, who I am sure was hired to "right the ship" so to speak.  So I'm sure there will be changes, maybe we'll see them on-air too, but QVC is a big company, it will right itself, hopefully, but changes will take place and times may be lean but I'm not giving up on it yet.  I do know that cargo ships are backed up off the coast of CA and warehouses here are full.  It's a lack of workers on the docks as well as the warehouses.  Its not all QVC's fault that items aren't being shipped in a timely manner.  Just think it could be handled better somehow. 

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

This post is not entirely about Beauty but kind of is in the end.

Received a call about some D&C jeans that I placed an order for around 9/4. They were a TSV and the ship date was supposedly late Sept.  Ok, not a big deal.  Got a call today that they won't ship now until Oct. 18.   This is unacceptable. I get that retailers are having a hard time with supply but QVC is literally the only place I've orderd from - and I order a lot online - that is having this much of a problem with their merchandise and shipping.

Was watching the IT Cosmetics hour with Jane just now and thinking about all thats been happening at the Q for the past year or so, and then all thats happened in the last day or two.  It must be so hard for the hosts to sell anything - beauty, fashion, etc., knowing that QVC is so obviously having problems and all the changes that seem to be taking place.

Watching Jane sell IT Cosmetics and act like all is well at the Q and be in her "selling" mode, was almost painful.  Not bashing Jane.  Just saying to have to be that "on" when on air knowing what is happening behind the scenes must be very hard.

@JudyL What changes? The only thing I know about is the Forum going away, but is something else happening? I truly don't know

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 over the past year or so there have been lots of problems with shipping items, items arriving that aren't packaged well, quality issues., etc.  Lots of posts from different people in the different forums about all these issues and more.  

Esteemed Contributor

At this point in time, I feel like anyone selling anything should either have that item in their warehouse(s) and ready to ship out, or should tell the customer it is a pre-order with an indefinite ship date. 

I have been wondering for awhile when these boards would close, and when QVC would go out of business.  I was hoping they would change their business model enough to keep up with the times while not alienating existing customers, but perhaps that isn't possible?  I'm certainly no expert, so I don't know what it would take to pull that off.

It's sad to me to see this crumbling.   

I hope to see you on the Pro Boards forum when this place is gone.

(I registered for Wisteria Lane as well, but feel kind of overwhelmed by the layout.)

This is the end of an era, for sure.

Cute squirrel | Funny squirrel pictures, Squirrel pictures, Squirrel funny

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Ladybug724 over the past year or so there have been lots of problems with shipping items, items arriving that aren't packaged well, quality issues., etc.  Lots of posts from different people in the different forums about all these issues and more.  

@JudyL 

If I may jump in, I am a retired teacher working in retail.  

Back orders are connected to the ships that cluttered the harbor recently, to not enough truck drivers, and every business asking for workers.

A backordered item from Anthropologie showed up here two days after 10! weeks.  It will get better and may be some of the factors affecting Q.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG - I agree about the backup of the cargo ships, not enough workers, truck drivers, etc.  Living in CA, there was a big news stoy about it last night.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Unfortunately today's ills are a worldwide chain reaction and NOW the USPS has announced that they will be adding an extra day to mail delivery Smiley Sad  Till business and people adjust, it's going to be rough.  Oh how I wish I had the "patience" gene Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

ohh, bless little miss squirrel's heart.  She looks so sad Smiley Sad  Businesses have to keep up with the ever evolving times and there have been a lot of changes in  the last two years.  A  lot of it not goo Smiley Sad  I feel so very grateful that this pandemic has had little affect on our business.  Construction was deemed a "essential" business in Texas, maybe all of  the US.  I don't know.  The only time we've been out of work was when we both had Covid.  We're both fully vaccinated now.