Respected Contributor

Rec's For Best Nail Product...

I'm having problems with peeling and chipping on my nails.  My old standby products of OPI Nail Envy and Duri Rejuvacote are no longer working for me. 

Anyone know of a good product recommendation?

TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: Rec's For Best Nail Product...

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I'm having problems with peeling and chipping on my nails.  My old standby products of OPI Nail Envy and Duri Rejuvacote are no longer working for me. 

TIA

@Sunshine Kate   I had the same problem because my nails needed moisture.  I have been using Sally Hanson Moisture Rehab.  It is a strengthener in the form of an oil.   Works great.  No more peeling or chipping....

Trusted Contributor

If your nails are soft I'd go with Nailtiques 2. If they aren't super soft you could try Nailtiques 1. Formula 2 is amazing for my nails which are totally soft if I don't use it so I can at least say the products work well.

Honored Contributor

The only time my polish wouldn't stay on long was when I used a quick dry polish.

I use Revlon's base coat, two coats of OPI polish, then Revlon's Extra Life No Chip Top Coat.  I use rubber gloves in the kitchen.

Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

Along our friend ECBG, myself as well is using Revlon nail care.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

Try Sally Hansen Miracle Growth Treatment, or Sally Hansen 7 in 1, both work well for me.  I am not a fan of either Nailtiques or Nailtek. 

Regular Contributor

CND Solar Oil Nail and Cuticle Conditioner. Google the reviews. Makes such a difference. No more peeling.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate Out of all the products, TIPS was the only thing that helped mine.  It was formulated to help with dry cracked horse hooves and if it helped the horses it's got to be good!   

Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

TIA

@Sunshine Kate   I had the same problem because my nails needed moisture.  I have been using Sally Hanson Moisture Rehab.  It is a strengthener in the form of an oil.   Works great.  No more peeling or chipping....

@Sunshine Kate    When my nails start splitting and peeling, it's always when the heat is on and they're dry.  I immediately discontinue all nail polish products which are drying and start applying an oil or moisturizing cream several times a day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

TIA

@Sunshine Kate   I used Perfect Formula for many years. I recently went back to Sally Hansen Hard As Nsils. No splitting, chipping or breaking & a lot less money. Also use oil (anything available) on cuticles at night before applying hand lotion.