Super Contributor

Re: Reasonably Priced Skin Care

Shelbelle - I'm a little skeptical buying from Ebay.  Don't know or trust the efficacy.

Esteemed Contributor

NEUTROGENA   <3

(available everywhere and on Amazon (sub and save)

Honored Contributor

@cddh wrote:

Shelbelle - I'm a little skeptical buying from Ebay.  Don't know or trust the efficacy.

I have been buying just about all my higher end cosmetics on ebay since 2004, if a seller has excellent feedback, I just go with my gut feeling and trust them. you can ask any questions before buying, and there is a no questions asked money back guarantee, and prices cant be beat, so I see it as a win win situation. Put your trust in a valued long time seller and give it a try. Look for sealed items, if you know the line so well, you should know by the pkg. if it looks authentic. 

Respected Contributor

I like Timeless for serums. They have good sales every few months with reasonable prices to start with. You can read lots of reviews on their website.

Honored Contributor

Yes!  What @Shelbelle said!  I too buy my high end skin care on ebay.  I look for two things.  A long time seller with a LOT  of sales and their rating.  I like to stay in the 99.5% and greater range.  Something I've noticed tho.  Since Covid and quarantine eBay prices have gone up.  Apparently sellers are capitalizing on stores being closed and people not shopping brick and mortar.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@cddh wrote:

My favorite brand is no longer available on shopping channel and it is priced out of my budget on their website Smiley Sad.  Looking for an alternative for aged skin addressing the usual concerns of firmness and fine lines.  Suggestions?

@cddh 

You don't mention the brand, so we have to guess, I guess?

I'd say try No 7 or Neutrogena.  Both good companies and reasonably priced products.

Honored Contributor

@cddh wrote:

@cddh 

Well, higher end skin care isn't going to go for huge markdown prices on Ebay, or anywhere else.  OTOH, if they have what you desperately want, and no one else does, it's a bargain.  I hate when things are discontinued.

Time to find a new favorite.  

Valued Contributor

@cddh Have you tried "DeCiem- The Abnormal Beauty Company"? They have truly state-of-the-art formulas that have received a lot of press lately. Many of their products are under $10. They have a $7. liquid foundation that beats out Chanel, Bobbi Brown, etc. in testing. 

Honored Contributor

@cddh 

My go to high end is Tatcha.  I kinda wish I'd never picked up that $20 "sample" size of their "Water Cream".  How do you un-experience such an awesome skin care line? Smiley Surprised  I now have to use 5 of their products (sigh) My much more reasonably priced skin care that is just as awesome is The Ordinary.  If you can't find a product that fills your needs with Deciem/The Ordinary, then it's not made yet!