Valued Contributor

Really great moisturizing lotion; alternative to Cerave PM.

Just thought I'd take a minute to recommend a new facial moisturizer that I've been using lately.  I used to kind of alternate between a Paula's Choice moisturizer and Cerave PM, but I've been using Retin-A at night and it's made my skin more sensitive.  I was finding that the Cerave PM would sting when I applied it and, I believe, it's from the added niacinamide.  Many of Cerave's products include niacinamide and it can definitely cause stinging especially if you're more sensitive.  I recently discovered a new moisturizer from Vanicream called Daily Facial Moisturizer.  Most of Vanicream moisturizers are really basic and don't include any decent anti-aging ingredients like ceramides and HA, but this new moisturizer does.  But what makes it different from the Cerave PM is there is no added niacinimide and there aren't any silicones either; this one uses squalene instead.  So check it out.  I've only been able to find it on Vanicream's store on Amazon - not at Target or Walmart yet.  It's a really great alternative to Cerave PM!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Really great moisturizing lotion; alternative to Cerave PM.

That entire line is wonderful and something my Derm recommends.  Anytime skin is irritated it is a good fallback until it is figured out.  Look at what they wash their hands with.

Honored Contributor

I am stuck like glue to my Buttermilk moisturizer by Mario Badescu.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am stuck like glue to my Buttermilk moisturizer by Mario Badescu.

@Katcat1 They have a sale on today.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation!  Sounds great and just ordered!  Now - need a cleanser to go with it!

Honored Contributor

Thank you for recommending this.  I am always looking for a new face moisturizer which is good for sensitive skin.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

@I was Sasha wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation!  Sounds great and just ordered!  Now - need a cleanser to go with it!

I haven't tried it yet, but the Vanicream facial wash gets excellent reviews, too.

Currently, I am using Cerave's new facial wash, the cream-to-foam hydrating cleanser.  So far, I really like it.  I never cared for their original hydrating cleanser but this new one is kind of the best of both worlds.  I originally was only able to find it on Amazon, but I did see that they are carrying it at Target, too.

Respected Contributor

@sueeich ...i haven't checked out the Vanicream you mentioned here, but I will say, im a patient at Mayo clinic and my dermatologists are adamant about me using Vanicream soap and moisturizer only.  I love the bar soap, it's creamy and thorough, and the moisturizer i use in the large tub with pump is unbeatable.  

Valued Contributor

I may have to check this out sometime. I'm a big fan of simple moisturizers with no anti-aging or active ingredients. I have a separate RX cream with those so I don't need it in my moisturizer. I like switching back and forth between Clinique and Cerave but have heard many good things about the Vanicream brand.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner   Thanks.  They offer different sales every now and then but with the holidays coming, I am sure it will be more often.  Mario Badescu is my brand for life.  Love his moisturizers,toners and moisturizers and they are reasonably priced.  He offers products for normal, sensitive, acne prone, oily and dry skin.

I tried Cerave facial wash but did not like it but my BFF loves it so she bought it from me (at a discount, of course).  lol

kindness is strength