Regular Contributor

I am watching Jamie this morning talking about her eye cream.  She states she tried this on real women and has real results.  Can someone tell me what a "real women" is and what are "real results".  Are there fake women and fake results?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Real Women - Real Results

LOL good observation. I agree with you!

Honored Contributor

I think she means an actual "study" where they measure the results. Surprised you caught the dialogue since the "IT GIRLS" speak so fast! 😜

Esteemed Contributor

Most of the QVC  models are thin and  young.  When I see any presentation I say to  myself   THAT IS NOT ME.  I am short, got some weight on me,( I will add I am losing and by Christmas, hopefully I will be back to my thin self)  And I am a senior and although I have good skin heredity (you will never guess my age) I know that the ladies on air are not going to get rid of wrinkles just because there is a product being sold.  NOT going to happen.   And the before and afters... I have had a camera in hand since the age of seven and know how to trick the SHOT and or adjust the lighting and pixels to make a difference in appearance.  Note the smile in the after and not in the before.  (For example).  SO THE EXPRESSION IS  MEANT THAT IT IS YOU LADY WATCHING.... YOU REAL LADY... WILL GET ALL THESE GREAT RESULTS.  Yeah right!  And I have a bridge to sell you. 

Honored Contributor

With regards to "real women", I'm guessing that means average women who haven't had any work done or used any other specialty treatments prior to testing the product.

Trusted Contributor

Just another sales ploy. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

my two cents worth is this...

some damage due to age/neglect can be somewhat overcome by moisturizer/foundation/retinA/sunscreen.

This became important to me when I started "doctoring " my own photos with apps. 

There are other changes that would take plastic surgery and I usually don't like what surgery does to people's faces!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I think we all know, that to get all the things done to our skin to make it look like what the vendors say, is called plastic surgery; cutting and stretching and taking out fat and extra skin. There is NO miracle cream or serum that will take the place of physically cutting it out. And we all are aging, which is the natural process and enemy of our skin and body. Also genes have alot to do with it too. I have great skin genes.  I believe there are things you can do to make it more comfortable and nicer looking and I have use many  of those. IF I had a ton of money, you can bet I'd be out there having a few things nipped and tucked. I am a real woman not ordinary and not extraordinary either.  Those young, lovely models all have their issues too and will get more as they age. Just a buzz word Joann----