Honored Contributor

Re: Ready to wear TS Hsn tonight

On 8/17/2014 luvtoshopathome said:
On 8/17/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 8/17/2014 luvtoshopathome said: I cannot live without the lash extension. Everyone comments on how long my eyelashes are. Lol. They should see them without it, they are very thin. I also like his mascara. I will definitely be getting this kit. Gotta love HSN, free magazine subscriptions, great TS prices, great clearance prices and of course their flex pays. The Q should learn from them.
Oh no...enabler!!! The cost of the TS is prob equal to or less than the cost of the mascara & lash extender as standalone products. If I buy it, I would get the 8 dollar rebate, so each item costs around 5 dollars, and they lowered shipping from 6 to 4. It's a great value.
LOL. Do you get the rebate from HSN? I already have a Glamour subscription from buying a previous item.
No the rebate check is issued by conde naste/magazine. They include a one page rebate form in the box with the product or you can download from the hsn website. Fill it out and mail it along with a copy of your invoice. I did it twice now with the korres TS and the other was the nikki poulos maxi dress TS. You will get a check via mail in 4-6 weeks.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I'm glad I'm not the least bit interested. The blush and the lip product don't appeal to me. If I'm not going to use the entire kit, I can't see buying it.

I'm also afraid to try new eye products right now. I'm having a heck of a time with my eyes lately and I can't figure out what is bothering them.

Trusted Contributor

He rarely offers the mascara extension along with the mascara - I watched RTW show maybe a year ago when they had a special kit of those two and both he and the hosts made a real point of stressing that.

Many really like his powders, powder foundation and the bronzer. I belive they are some of his biggest sellers. He is a very well known makeup artist who does a lot of celebs for award shows. I caught a day when he was on early last Fall and the hosts talked about him flying in straight from Hollywood after the Emmy's or something. I believe he also does a lot during Fashion Weeks both here and abroad.

He is quite a likeable guy and demonstrates all his products so you get a good feel for how to use them. And he doesn't abuse their skin like Miss A does!

Respected Contributor

Those magazine deals really kill the idea for me. I really don't like getting magazines in the mail and I try to keep the mailbox filler to a minimum in general. Most times I forget to request the rebate (which I think they count on with most people), and when I do, it's really a nuisance. I just skip the TS's that offer "free" subscriptions.

Honored Contributor

I love style and cosmetic magazines, In Style and Allure in particular. Glamour is not bad either. Getting them cheap is a plus. The internet can't compete with beautifully photographed full color cosmetics. I even love the ads. I'm ordering as soon as I find out that pen thingy is NOT black, probably at the beginning of the next hour.

Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 suzeecat said:

Those magazine deals really kill the idea for me. I really don't like getting magazines in the mail and I try to keep the mailbox filler to a minimum in general. Most times I forget to request the rebate (which I think they count on with most people), and when I do, it's really a nuisance. I just skip the TS's that offer "free" subscriptions.

I've posted this before but I'm really surprised that they still offer these subscriptions.

I would venture to bet that there are a lot of people who put in to get the refund and end up returning the item so they are actually getting money for nothing.

Honored Contributor

I just opened my $12 check from Shape magazine that was included in the Violife Sonic Tooothbrush TS in July. The TS was $29.95 with four toothbrushes/cases so getting the check brought the price down to $17.95. Can't beat that!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 depglass said:

I love style and cosmetic magazines, In Style and Allure in particular. Glamour is not bad either. Getting them cheap is a plus. The internet can't compete with beautifully photographed full color cosmetics. I even love the ads. I'm ordering as soon as I find out that pen thingy is NOT black, probably at the beginning of the next hour.

if you are referring to the eyebrow pen I have blonde eyebrows and I can use it. It's all about the pressure you use. as for the magazines I love in style! It's just a picture book for big girls!no gossip it's all about the superficial f.lu.ff and you're right even the ads are beautiful. as for glamour I haven't liked it since the Cosmo lady took over the helm
Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 Tique said:

I just opened my $12 check from Shape magazine that was included in the Violife Sonic Tooothbrush TS in July. The TS was $29.95 with four toothbrushes/cases so getting the check brought the price down to $17.95. Can't beat that!

I'm waiting for mine to come on this. I bought the Violife TS I think it was last year and needed new brush heads. It was cheaper for me to buy the most recent TS than it was just to buy the new heads.