Honored Contributor

Re: Ready to give up on foundation...

@chiclet wrote:

I do not use a lot of foundation, about a pea size amount and use damp beauty blender or brush.  Today I used the IT armour which is a tinted spf with anti aging and it tends to be oily so I used mally face defender on one side and It bye bye pores on other side.  Just looked in mirror a few hours later and every wrinkle is filled with tinted spf.  The side with face defender looks same as with the bye bye pores powder.  I just bought the mally face defender and sending it back as it looks no different than powder.  

@chiclet  Just a suggestion.... If wrinkles are that pronounced, it may better to just use a concealer in the shade of your skin, apply and blend into problem areas, use a white setting powder (very finely milled and does not tend to settle in lines). Apply this powder only to set concealer, blush, lip color and call it a day. It sounds like you’ve experimented w/ many products that didn’t work. 

Respected Contributor

You might want to try the Doll 10 here on Q. The gel formula is wonderful!

Image result for Doll 10 HydraGel Foundation with Brush

Honored Contributor

IMO - a pea size amount of liquid foundation then powder over top of that is really a lot of foundation. 

Most of the time I use just a powder foundation, but if I am getting dressed up I go with liquid - about 2 tiny drops then put a very slight amount of powder over it, and , honest, I have never seen any MU in my wrinkles. Try it - cut the amount you are using at least in half, then for the powder one swipe over the compact and tap excess off the brush , then one swipe over the whole face.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet   I learned this trick from Clarins.  Place a dot on each side of the nose, one on forehead and one on chin.  Use sponge blender, brush or fingers to work out from nose.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Not a foundation wearer myself. If there’s ever a time I want a little coverage I use Westmore Beauty’s 10 in 1 BB Cream. JM’s Tinted SPF is nice too. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As we age we need to wear less but that doesn't mean to give up totally on makeup. If you have a Sephora near you, why don't you stop in and have them assess your skintone, skin type and what your skin now requires. Since they don't promote any particular line, they can recommend many different options. They can also recommend skincare that may help with any issues that you are now facing.

Regular Contributor

I have never worn foundation either. I think it looks good for photos but close up it looks fake.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree you are using too much foundation.  I've been using Chanel Healthy Glow foundation for a few years - one pump is enough - the size of a small pearl.  I'm 66 and I've been using foundation for 50 years - this one is the best.    And I agree - small dot on each cheek, chin, forehead, nose - spread out and blend.  It just makes my skin look better - not fake in the least.  I blend with my fingertips. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

IMO you are using way too much.Foundation is not meant to be slathered on - a very small amount should cover your entire face easily.Think of an eyedropper and think 2 to 3 drops from an eyedropper.

I agree.  I use Clinque Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concelaer.  It's a full coverage foundation that comes in a glass bottle with wand.  I apply three dots on each side of my face...a little goes a very long way!...then blend with a good brush.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

IMO you are using way too much.Foundation is not meant to be slathered on - a very small amount should cover your entire face easily.Think of an eyedropper and think 2 to 3 drops from an eyedropper.

I agree.  I use Clinque Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concelaer.  It's a full coverage foundation that comes in a glass bottle with wand.  I apply three dots on each side of my face...a little goes a very long way!...then blend with a good brush.

@haddon9  Can I add to your suggestion, a dampened brush or slightly wet sponge (I do better dipping my brush in a dot of moisturizer before blending foundation) helps to spread it around more evenly.