Contributor

Ready to Wear lash extension warning

Received by tsv yesterday. Was interested in the lash extension since mine are getting very thin. I almost dialed 911 after trying to apply it. Most of it went into my eyes and the rest went all over my face and was not easy to remove. I have never used anything so awful. It is now sitting in the trash.

Re: Ready to Wear lash extension warning

It is not the easiest product to use.  There I agree with you.  It takes some getting used to just like using liquid eyeliner.  I have used it many times and love the outcome.  I have found that when I followed directions and applied my mascara first then while still wet apply the ready to wear, SLOWLY AND GENTLY, the fibers adhere nicely and then a second application of mascara.  It is great.

Give it another try. Man Very Happy

Regular Contributor

My Lash Extension and my mascara are one and the same--never one without the other. LOVE it!!
Trusted Contributor

Registered 42 minutes ago and pull up a 4 year old thread.  What's up with this all the time now.

@DrDana wrote:

It is not the easiest product to use.  There I agree with you.  It takes some getting used to just like using liquid eyeliner.  I have used it many times and love the outcome.  I have found that when I followed directions and applied my mascara first then while still wet apply the ready to wear, SLOWLY AND GENTLY, the fibers adhere nicely and then a second application of mascara.  It is great.

Give it another try. Man Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Frankly, its not a problem if someone registers and is new and sees an old thread that interests her so she replies to it.  Who does it hurt anyway?

I find that Lash Extension works best for me if I do the system the way they advise, mascara first, then while wet, apply small amounts of fiber and then another coat of mascara.  I use a soft makeup brush to get the left over fibers from my face.  The trick is to apply very little at a time. 

Respected Contributor

I've used this product successfully for several years.

The previous suggestions are good. I also tap the brush just once to get rid of excess fibers. This works like a charm.

Dig it out of your trash, OP and try again!

Once you get the hang of it, you'll be very pleased with the result

~Enough is enough~
Trusted Contributor

@FlowershopGirl wrote:

Frankly, its not a problem if someone registers and is new and sees an old thread that interests her so she replies to it.  Who does it hurt anyway?

I find that Lash Extension works best for me if I do the system the way they advise, mascara first, then while wet, apply small amounts of fiber and then another coat of mascara.  I use a soft makeup brush to get the left over fibers from my face.  The trick is to apply very little at a time. 

@FlowershopGirl just a coincidence I suppose that it was brought to life at the same time Ready To Wear is on HSN.

Respected Contributor

There's a little learning curve, but once you practice a few times it's a great product. I love the eyebrow extension product too. The eyebrow product leaves a very natural look. It took several times to get it right!!!
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, vll!  I've been very interested in trying it but most of the reviews for it are just like yours - a bunch of horrible experiences!  It sounds terrible, I'm so sorry for what you went through with it.  Thanks for the warning, after your review my interest in it is officially over!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sue, I fell for it again - heart and all!!  OMG, I've got to start looking at the dates on these ****** messages!