Honored Contributor

Ready to Wear Brand Makeup?

[ Edited ]

Is this line any good?  

Now that ShopHQ has gone to free shipping on everything everyday, I've been looking around but don't want to order if it isn't worth it.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Ready to Wear Brand Makeup?

I tried a blush and powder years ago. I like it. Then, it fell off my radar!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I like this product, I have sensitive skin and have no problems with this product.  I will definitely be buying more now with the free shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  The only thing I ever tried was their powder foundation, similar to Laura Geller.  I found there was very little coverage, unlike Balance n Brighten. I used it a couple of times and now it sits in the drawer full of products I spoke of yesterday, lol. Woman Wink  I prefer Laura's.

That is my only purchase from that line.  I wasn't aware of their free shipping policy now.  My cable provider doesn't offer Shop HQ anymore.  It saves me money.  Woman Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch I used to use their Couture Full Face Finish,  which is the Blush, Bronzer and Finishing Powder.  I mainly used the blush,  which is the small center compartment.   I really liked it a lot, but then started trying other brands and put this aside.  It came with a beautiful brush.  I liked the quality.   

I just pulled it out of my drawer and will use it again tomorrow.  Thanks for the reminder. 

Edited to add..   I used the finishing powder very lightly on top of the concealer under my eyes. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to use their Couture Finishing powder and really loved the finish, but, have moved on because of the talc.  Same with their eyeshadows.  I dont understand why talc is still being used in products.

Super Contributor

My sister and I got his Lifting Liquid Foundation last year.  We did like it,  it looks nice on, not too heavy.  His other products look nice too. We are trying to streamline though so I haven't reordered.  My sister likes Bare Minerals Compexcion Rescue and I wear the Bare Minerals Original powder. Naturally being women we do get tempted by othe products out there.  LOL. 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  The only thing I ever tried was their powder foundation, similar to Laura Geller.  I found there was very little coverage, unlike Balance n Brighten. I used it a couple of times and now it sits in the drawer full of products I spoke of yesterday, lol. Woman Wink  I prefer Laura's.

That is my only purchase from that line.  I wasn't aware of their free shipping policy now.  My cable provider doesn't offer Shop HQ anymore.  It saves me money.  Woman Happy

If you have Comcast SHQ is now on Ch 1098 and it is listed as Ideal TV for some reason. 

Honored Contributor

Last year they had a 10 pc set of lip glosses, for a great price. Colors are beautiful but I do find them too tacky and thick. 

Valued Contributor

I ahve tried every liquid face makeup they sell but cannot get a color match. My experience is that they are too yellow based. As soon as I put it on, it oxidizes and within a few minutes I have a significant yellow cast. I so wish they would either offer cool undertones or neutral undertones. It seems like a very nice line but I just cannot color match.