Respected Contributor

Re: Ready for the change....here comes Fall

On 8/8/2014 beaches21 said:
On 8/7/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 8/7/2014 beaches21 said:
On 8/7/2014 HappyDaze said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} yes ma'am! Although no coffee for me for now so sad since I LOVE coffee. So I guess boring herb tea, lol.

Almost forgot HD, just put on my new WEN shirt too! Lol Why no coffee?

oh cozy! Smiley Happy

Beaches, my blood pressure has really shot up recently so I am doing what I can to try to lower it, including minimizing caffeine intake. Gosh I love coffee so much too- I love everything about it- the warmth, flavor, the social aspect of it, everything. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Oh no HD sorry to hear that I drink more coffee in the winter months because I my pressure drops so low I have absolutely no energy. Susan25 - as much as I enjoy Indian summer and Fall I hate winter and cold. I have health issues that are aggravated by the cold weather so I'm a hermit come the Winter months. I need to move from the East.

Agree. That is why so many retire to Florida or some other warm climate city. I expect that I will move to a warmer climate when I retire. Not that I am retiring soon but I am definitely closer to retirement than just starting my career.

Honored Contributor

I can't wait for fall, but it's still in the 90s. At least another 6-8 weeks for summer for us.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

No cool weather here either, it will be 100 and maybe a few degrees over for at least a week, then I really doubt if it goes down any then .
Honored Contributor

On 8/8/2014 vermint said:

I'm soooo jealous! I live in SC and it was 99 yesterday, and supposed to be 95 today! We will have a bit of a cool down this weekend (low to mid 80's), but it will jump back up next week. I'm so ready for fall!

This is good to know. Hubby has an opportunity to move to SC (we are on the west coast) for his job and we are kind of entertaining it because his parents live in Georgia and my parents are wanting to move to Hot Springs Arkansas and then we have other family members in NC and some others may move to SC. I know NOTHING about SC and if it is really hot during the summers, not sure I'd like it. Is it humid too?

Honored Contributor

I love SC, my family is from there going back many generations. If you're near the coast yes it's get humid. My family lives in the low country sea islands area and it's hot and humid in summer.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

jaxs mom thank you! I think they said it is near Florence, SC and haven't googled it yet to see where it is.

Super Contributor

The thermometer in my car said 110 when I went to lunch earlier. I am ready for fall too...but that won't be here until November.

Regular Contributor

Absolutely not! It took way too long for the warm weather to arrive this year. I want to cherish every summery day we have. I hate cold weather (like Winter fashion though).

Respected Contributor

It has been very comfy here in western PA for August. I am enjoying the low humidity and slightly cooler temps. With our crazy weather, it will probably go into the 90's starting in September and hang around while I look longingly at my boots and sweaters. Lol. Anytime is good for fall scents though.
Contributor

It's been a mild summer here in WI, highest has been low 80s and more likely low to mid 70s. After the hella winter we had it is really nice. I was in La Mesa, CA (near San Diego) for 4 months and there it was HOT! mid to high 90s quite often. I don't do well with heat like that and LOVE Fall. It's nice sleeping weather here, the high 50s.