New Contributor

Ready for new skin care routine.....

Thinking of trying a new skincare routine....thinking either Tula or Elemis.  Any thoughts? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Ready for new skin care routine.....

I highly, highly recommend Paula's Choice. Hands down the best skin products and affordable. She has a line for every need and skin type. Since she suffered from acne when she was younger, her products won't clog pores yet still address signs of aging. 

Her Clinical, Resist Anti-aging lines are top notch. PC's AHA and BHA products are the best on the market IMO. You can find a coupon most of the time on her site or elsewhere. The products last a long time. If you don't like a product, just send it back and get a refund. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

Dior skincare hands down.  I had some small bumps around my chin that even my dermatologist didn’t  address.  I started with Dior One Essential Serum.  Within in a week all my bumps were gone.  I added Dior Le Serum and my faced just glowed.  I added the moisturizer and my skin has never looked better.  It’s soft and glowing and younger looking,  I now get compliments on my skin.  Yes, it’s more money, but I buy it when Macy’s has a coupon, Nordstrom is doing a price match or when I receive 20% off at Sephora.  Each bottle lasts about 6 months.  Give it a try.  If it doesn’t  work, take it back.  I’m in my fifties. 

Honored Contributor

I am loving Cosmetics Skin Solution, they are dupes for Skin Ceuticals and work just as well

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

Check out The Ordinary skin care line. Very reasonable prices and good science behind their products. Sephora in now carrying the brand and everything I have checked out gets rave reviews. I am using their once or twice a week AHA, BHA peel and love it. I bought some of their other products but am waiting to use them till I use up what I am using now. 

Honored Contributor

Every woman will respond to  skincare differently. It’s trial and error. 

Are you looking for an entire system cleanser, moisturizer, etc.? @Ragdoll55

@Ragdoll55 wrote:

Thinking of trying a new skincare routine....thinking either Tula or Elemis.  Any thoughts? 

Esteemed Contributor

I love Dr. Denese skincare products and I get results. I have super sensitive skin with a ton of allergies and issues and these work fo rme.  I also wanted a line that I only needed a few bottles/jars on the shlef and was quick.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Ragdoll55 wrote:

I agree w/ @Shanus. If you do not pinpoint exactly what you are looking for in a skincare line, then you'll be floating back and forth between lines that people are selling, or that others recommend. Many are variations on the same theme, as you can tell by checking ingredient decks.

I suppose it's nice to stick with one line, but I've never found a line that suits everything I'm looking for.

Sorry I cannot comment on the specific ones you mentioned.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Ragdoll55 wrote:

I agree w/ @Shanus. If you do not pinpoint exactly what you are looking for in a skincare line, then you'll be floating back and forth between lines that people are selling, or that others recommend. Many are variations on the same theme, as you can tell by checking ingredient decks.

I suppose it's nice to stick with one line, but I've never found a line that suits everything I'm looking for.

Sorry I cannot comment on the specific ones you mentioned.

@Harpa Broken record here: Skinsceuticals has Vit. C E serum, moisturizer and eye balm...all great products, simple 3 steps. Use cleanser & SPF of your choice & I add Retin A a few nights a week. To me simplicity outweighs price.

Respected Contributor

Bought a try me set of Smashbox and so far I like it. Purity and their scrub always. Dr. Gross liquid drops. Got a sample and notice a difference and I have old skin. Ordered the large size.