Honored Contributor

Re: Re -- Your "Face Primer" choice

[ Edited ]

@MakeUpMaiden,   I have many samples of Laura Mercier primer and it works fine but I seldon use it because I forget.  My suggestion is look at e.l.f. products first (less money) and see if it works for you.  If you don't like it at least you did not spend a ton of money and can move on to something else or not.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I remember thinking the Smashbox Primer Water was a little gimmicky and then I got it half price at one of the Ulta sales. I love that primer. My foundation “sticks” to it and lasts all day. 

There are 2 other primer/setting sprays that I love and I buy them both at Camera Ready Cosmetics dot com. One is the Ben Nye Sealant spray and the other is by the brand Mehron. These are both brands used in the film industry and they don’t break the bank. These lock in my makeup when I really need it to last. I can use them as primers and/or setting sprays. 

Valued Contributor

Laura Mercier

Honored Contributor

I'm currently using Sephora brand and Becca First Light primer which I have a mini of. I like them both, but they are different. The Becca one is lighter and has light diffusing properties while the Sephora brand is thicker and is just a basic primer. 

I'm planning on buying the Kat Von D primer tomorrow, so I'll report back after I try it. I want it because it's designed so you can mix it directly with her foundation for lighter coverage and it's a lighter consistency. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I love MAC's Prep and Prime.......It is my favorite!

Honored Contributor

I decided I'm sticking with Becca First Light for now. I really do love it and I experimented with blending it directly into my foundation and loved how it came out. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@MakeUpMaiden

@MakeUpMaiden wrote:

Hi...I'm new, unfamiliar with face primers, & really lost looking over all the choices.....so........I wanted to ask...

..Which "Face Primer" do you use, & why do you like it? Also, which ones didn't work for you, and why?    Thanks...

I use only Mally,s.  I get so many compliments on my skin.  While I use good creams, I think it,s her primer.  I have tried many and hers the best.

Trusted Contributor

I use Avon Magix. I only put it on the area between my brows to blur the lines there.

Frequent Contributor

I do the same thing-the Becca primer enhances and brightens  my foundation

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Paula’s Choice RESIST Smoothing Primer Serum SPF 30...the BEST! It’s lightweight, hydrating, leaves a matte finish & has a 30 SPF!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.