Respected Contributor

Re: Re -- Your "Face Primer" choice

I like Smashbox Photofinish and/or NYX Pore Filler Primer.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

I have many but the two I like the most are the purple Becca primer (it really brightens my skin) and Mally's Perfect Prep Primer.    I used to use Smashbox but it was too greasy for me.

Honored Contributor

The Becca first light and back light set are the BeautyIQ steal for 29 dollars for two sets. I couldn't pass it up since I just ordered the same set from Sephora two days ago for the same price only getting one. Which I'll probably return once it arrives. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

If you're not familiar with the product this is going to sound bizarre but the only primer I use is Monistat's Chafing Relief Powder Gel which has been compared to the Smashbox primer.  Dirt cheap, unscented and a tube lasts forever.  If you Google it, you'll find a lot of info.  I'm older than dirt and it even makes my old face look good.  It's kind of hard to find in stores, but Amazon has it.  Good stuff!

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Paula’s Choice RESIST Smoothing Primer Serum SPF 30...the BEST! It’s lightweight, hydrating, leaves a matte finish & has a 30 SPF!

Another vote for Paula's Choice!

Respected Contributor

I use Armani Beauty Fluid Master Primer.  It is pricey. You only have to use a drop to cover your whole face.  I concentrate on facial lines and under the eyes.  I find it does a wonderful job.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I tried using the Monistat gel and although I liked what it did as far as a primer goes, it started to make me break out with tiny bumps and I hardly ever have problems with my skin. Not sure why but I think my skin doesn't like the silicone in it. I've had similar breakouts with other products containing cones and the same thing happened. So for now, I have to avoid the Monistat.