Trusted Contributor

Rave for Almay shadow softies

These were on sale at Target last week for $4.49 but they also had some duos on an endcap at two for $5.99. I bought the lilac/vintage grape and the honeydew/hot fudge and used the lighter color on my lids and darker color as a liner on my upper lids. I have to say that this is just about the best drugstore eyeshadow I have tried. Beautiful satin finish with just a touch of shimmer. Plenty of pigment and no fall out. Stayed perfect all day on top of e.l.f. eyelid primer. I highly recommend!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Rave for Almay shadow softies

Nice!! Thanks for the review!!

Contributor

Hi Vaccinia! I agree--I like these a lot, too--I bought some on sale at CVS (Hot Fudge, Vintage Grape, Navy Blue (?), and Creme Brulee)--just wondering--I notice some trouble using a brush--is this a finger/sponge only? What is your preferred application method, pls.? Thanks! Thanks for the thread, too!

Respected Contributor

I only bought one, a deep purple, & I hated it. Patchy application. Not enough pigment. Hard to blend. So bizarre how things work for some people, & the others of us can't work them! LOL

Frequent Contributor

How is the texture? Are they ""creamy"" and non- drying? TIA!
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the review, I was looking at them yesterday but was undecided so did not purchase. I may have to go back and try them.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/31/2014 chiligrl said:

Hi Vaccinia! I agree--I like these a lot, too--I bought some on sale at CVS (Hot Fudge, Vintage Grape, Navy Blue (?), and Creme Brulee)--just wondering--I notice some trouble using a brush--is this a finger/sponge only? What is your preferred application method, pls.? Thanks! Thanks for the thread, too!

Sorry you're having trouble with a brush. I did find that I have to put a bit more on the brush than with some other shadows -- these tend to stick to the brush more but I like that because for me it meant no fall out. I didn't think about using my finger -- I'll have to try that. These weren't patchy on me at all, but that goes to show that things work differently for different people.