Honored Contributor

Re: Rave! Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer

I just got mine from Amazon on the strength of your rec. In addition to my hair being full and bouncy, that was the fastest I ever blew my hair dry. Thank you, I get such good tips on this board,

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I just got mine from Amazon on the strength of your rec. In addition to my hair being full and bouncy, that was the fastest I ever blew my hair dry. Thank you, I get such good tips on this board,

I am so happy to read this! Thank you for commenting. I still just love mine, and I’m contemplating purchasing another one for back up. That’s how much I love it. I’ve discovered that if I rotate it while pulling down, I get an even better result. I hold the other end while doing it for control.  For me, this is the best thing since sliced bread.  Lol

Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg

I just have to Thank You for your recommendation and rave of the Revlon One-Step !!  I just love it for my fine, wavy hair -- it gives my hair volume and dries so quickly !!!!!

I got mine at BB&B with a coupon about a month ago, and have been meaning to give you a big Heart for making the time it takes to dry my hair shorter and well worth the effort!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg

I have been using a Conair Spin Brush for years.  It looks very similar to the Revlon dryer, but the head DOES spin.  It has been around a long time. 

Some are afraid of it getting stuck in your hair, but I've never had a problem.

Like you, I've been getting smoothing treatments for years as my curly hair had become unruly.  I grew all my layers out and just wear it straight. 

I use the Spin Brush after washing only.  You have to wait to use it until your hair is almost dry.

My hair is great for day, then it is just flat, straight and limp.  

And, if I don't get it smoothed, it reverts back to poofiness.  So, the straighening aspect of it is great, but if you have really cury/wavy hair and have high humidity, it does not stay straight.

I'm considering getting my hair cut again in layers.

Just tired of flat looking hair, even though it is straight!

Valued Contributor

I have a similar tool by John Frieda that I use.  A gal on another board told me about it and I was in love immediately with it.  The learning curve was quick, too, and I am often challenged whe I do my hair, always have been.  I find my fine hair that is cut in a layered bob stays nice even into the second day.

Respected Contributor

@Sandyx3 wrote:

@Ainhisg

I just have to Thank You for your recommendation and rave of the Revlon One-Step !!  I just love it for my fine, wavy hair -- it gives my hair volume and dries so quickly !!!!!

I got mine at BB&B with a coupon about a month ago, and have been meaning to give you a big Heart for making the time it takes to dry my hair shorter and well worth the effort!!!  

Awww...you are more than welcome!

Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg Thank you so much for this recommendation.  I finally received mine yesterday from Ulta (it was sold out online and in my local stores) and even though I've only used it once, I LOVE IT!  I researched after seeing your post and saw a lot of good reviews so decided to buy.  Even though I was hopeful, I really didn't expect to like it as much as I do.

I have fine, highlighted, slightly wavy hair that's a little below shoulder length.  Most days, I blow dry with a round brush and then finish up with a flat iron on the ends and anywhere else it's not smooth enough.

I can't believe how fast it dried my hair (and I used low heat) and how silky and shiny it was.  It looked better than it ever has after round brush and flat iron.  I had zero frizz and even after a couple of long walks in cold, windy Boston, it looked as good at the end of the day as it looked in the morning.

I never would've given this a second thought if I hadn't read your recommondation as I've never had luck with any kind of brush hot tool.  Thank you!

Regular Contributor

My DIL got me the Revlon Dryer/Volumizer that was pictured a page back.  It was a Christmas gift and three weeks later, I'm addicted.  I have very thick hair and it's wavy.  Not pretty wavy, ugly wavy mind of it's own.  This straightens it out unlike any other product I've used.  Today I had my hair done and was telling my stylist aboou it.  She said that several of her clients had been raving about it and was off to Target to check it out..

Respected Contributor

@lkat wrote:

@Ainhisg Thank you so much for this recommendation.  I finally received mine yesterday from Ulta (it was sold out online and in my local stores) and even though I've only used it once, I LOVE IT!  I researched after seeing your post and saw a lot of good reviews so decided to buy.  Even though I was hopeful, I really didn't expect to like it as much as I do.

I have fine, highlighted, slightly wavy hair that's a little below shoulder length.  Most days, I blow dry with a round brush and then finish up with a flat iron on the ends and anywhere else it's not smooth enough.

I can't believe how fast it dried my hair (and I used low heat) and how silky and shiny it was.  It looked better than it ever has after round brush and flat iron.  I had zero frizz and even after a couple of long walks in cold, windy Boston, it looked as good at the end of the day as it looked in the morning.

I never would've given this a second thought if I hadn't read your recommondation as I've never had luck with any kind of brush hot tool.  Thank you!

@lkat, you are so very welcome!  It was so nice of you to write such a wonderful post!