Respected Contributor

Re: Rave! Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer

@SandGirl wrote:

@Ainhisg  I have the SAME THING, if you lift up my layer especially in the back of my head I have full on curl out about 6" from scalp to mid hair - it's crazy, my stylist always laughs too! I only have it on under layers, she said it could actually be like that all over but since I spend more time brushing, blow drying the front and not so much 'pressure' to the back that could be whiy the curl is tighter in the back, I seriously wish I had it all over, having curling hair would save me time in the morning for sure LOL

@SandGirl, I agree 100%!  I'll let my hair dry naturally and then pick up the top layer to look at the waves underneath all the while wishing I had it all over.

Respected Contributor

For anyone who's interested in this, I just checked Amazon, and they're offering a 20% coupon on it making it $48 w/free shipping even if you're not a Prime member.  They do accept returns, too.  And Target is still offering a $5 egift card with purchase making it $55.

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg  Oh my gosh EXACTLY!!!
i sometimes blow my hair dry and come down and show my DH and he cannot believe how curly it is on the underside, it's crazy but like you, I would like it all over and not just in the back of my head LOL  Darn hormones!

Super Contributor

Thanks so much for the info on the coupon at Amazon. I just ordered this and hope, hope, hope it can do something to help give my crown area more volume. 

Valued Contributor

Does it rotate or just stay?

Does it get stuck in your hair?

TIA

Respected Contributor

@highmaintenancejan  It does not rotate on it's own, you have to put in that work and I too would like to know if it tangles easy since I have long hair!

Respected Contributor

@cozyseeker @highmaintenancejan @SandGirl  Here is a video of a young woman with longer hair using it, which may answer some of your questions.  The comments on these videos are sometimes helpful, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InJgGLSH-pE

Here is a previous video I posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO9XX7TPvLE&t=207s

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg  Thank you!  I wish I had her THICK hair, WOW!! My hair is NOT as thick as that but quite a bit longer and she has her end (Length part) tapered where mine are pretty full all the way down, I dont' like mine thinned out or tapered when I get it cut since it's thinned so much compared to my teens and 20's where I had SUCH THICK HAIR! I miss it for sure Smiley Sad  Thank you for sharing the video  

Trusted Contributor

I saw comments on the Youtube video that it gets too hot. Anyone else experience this?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like this thing.  I so wanted to! I have very fine, shoulder-length hair in a long bob style, which I normally just dry with a dryer and round brush. I tried the Revlon One-Step and found it ridiculoulsy bulky, oddly heavy, and awkward to use.  But even worse, it left my hair looking terrible! Didn't keep it straight and frizz-free the way my hair normally is.  Also, since it doesn't take long for me to dry my hair with a regular hair dryer, the Revlon One-Step didn't save me any time at all.  I returned it after two unsuccessful attempts.