Respected Contributor

Rave! Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer

I stopped getting Keratin treatments in December, because I felt like the process was damaging my hair more than it was helping.  Because my hair has reverted back to its natural wave, I have been struggling with blow drying it.  I never could replicate the straightness that my stylist is able to do.  I almost purchased the Calista blow drying tool with attachments when it was the last TSV, but all the bad reviews of the clips breaking after a few months kept me from it.  

I couldn't stop thinking about it, though.  So while reading the reviews about it on Amazon last week, I looked at other products that were suggested, and saw the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer.  The Amazon, YouTube, Ulta, Target...heck--anywhere!...reviews were amazing on it, so I bought one.  Holy Moly!  Where has it been my whole life?!?!  

All the middle and lower layers of my hair come out so smooth, soft, and as straight as when my stylist does them.  It gives volume to my upper layers, but I do find that my regular blow dryer and brush work the best on my bangs and very top of my head to get volume as the Revlon product can't get the heat to my crown as easily as a regular blowdry.

Just wanted to let you know about this product if you have ever considered the Calista!

Honored Contributor

Re: Rave! Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer

@Ainhisg- I use the Conair version of the same product.  However, my hair is too thick to just use the one-step.  I have to blow dry it first to a damp state and then use the Conair.  But it does give a nice result. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Revlon volumizer is oval and has a larger flat side to help with straightening.  I just think it's the bee's knees!  Smiley Happy

@San Antonio Gal, I wish I had thick hair.  We always want what we don't have, but thin hair is the pits.

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg  thanks for posting about this....I have very frizzy curly hair....and it is such a PITA to deal with!  Never did a keratin tx cause I wasn't sure I would like how flat my hair would be afterward or what damage it may do it.  Plus cost/up keep to.  

I have shorter hair in back but long layers on top....anything that will speed up the process for me would be great.  Plus ULTA have a wonderful return policy if it doesn't work for me 

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@Ainhisg  thanks for posting about this....I have very frizzy curly hair....and it is such a PITA to deal with!  Never did a keratin tx cause I wasn't sure I would like how flat my hair would be afterward or what damage it may do it.  Plus cost/up keep to.  

I have shorter hair in back but long layers on top....anything that will speed up the process for me would be great.  Plus ULTA have a wonderful return policy if it doesn't work for me 

@tsavorite, you are so welcome!  I have thin, wavy hair, and it didn't speed up my blowdry any, but I did use it on low instead of high, so that may be why.  But what it DID do is give so much better results than a regular blow dryer and brush.  I couldn't believe the volume and smoothness.  Now...it wasn't perfectly straight like I used a flat iron or heated brush, but it was "doable" for a run to Wal-Mart or as a base for using the other tools.

I got mine at Target for the same reason you mentioned...easy returns, and this week, Target is offering a $5 gift card with purchase.  I ordered it online, and then picked it up in store.  

What I found interesting about it is that it is an oval brush with a large area of a flat surface but yet has the rounded "sides" to give a bit of bend to the hair if desired.  To my knowledge, no other blow dry brush is shaped like this one, which is why the reviews are amazing no matter where you look.  (Read the reviews on Ulta if you haven't already!  Smiley Happy )

Honored Contributor

I can't seem to find what I think is the one you are talking about.  I see all these ones that are kind of like a big round brush.  Is anyone able to post a picture and the specific number, price, etc?  Thanks very much.  This sounds like something that would aid me in my frizzy prone, wavy hair!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1, here is a photo of the box.  It's not available on the Q or other home shopping networks.  You can find it on Amazon and at Ulta and Target.  Target is offering a $5 egift card with purchase right now, and last week, Amazon was offering $10 off the product.  On whatever website you choose, just type in:  Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer.  The regular price is $59.99.  I bought mine at Target, so I could return it easily if I didn't like the results.

50854658_Alt01.jpg

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I can't seem to find what I think is the one you are talking about.  I see all these ones that are kind of like a big round brush.  Is anyone able to post a picture and the specific number, price, etc?  Thanks very much.  This sounds like something that would aid me in my frizzy prone, wavy hair!!  

Target

50854658_Alt01.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg  Thanks for the post and review.  I was also tempted by the Calista, but had the same issue you did.  This one sounds great, but I think my hair is too short for it.  Still, I have a few questions for you... 

How long is your hair?

How noisy is the dryer?

Do the results last throughout the day?  (My hair curls up as the day goes on!  And day two?  Crazy!)

Respected Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@Ainhisg  Thanks for the post and review.  I was also tempted by the Calista, but had the same issue you did.  This one sounds great, but I think my hair is too short for it.  Still, I have a few questions for you... 

How long is your hair?

How noisy is the dryer?

Do the results last throughout the day?  (My hair curls up as the day goes on!  And day two?  Crazy!)

@ItsME, my hair is collar bone length.  I'm not sure how to answer how noisy the dryer is, but I will post a link to a YouTube video showing the dryer in use.  Even though this is a young gal demonstrating the dryer, I think it will give you an idea of the noise and how it works.  If it is REALLY humid out, my underlayers will get a tiny bit wavy as the day goes on if I sweat any.  I use a blow dry cream before styling, and that helps a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO9XX7TPvLE&t=357s