Honored Contributor

Rare Beauty Tinted Moisturizer, Initial Thoughts

My first bottle was too light.  I went up to a 14W and it's probably 1/2 shade too light but not too light to return it or spend the extra money to mix it with 22W...I don't think.  So far I like it. It hasn't had a good workout yet.  Doesn't feel like I have anything on my face.  Nice coverage.  Blended well with my fingers.  This is my first try at tinted moisturizer.  Thumbs up unless it breaks apart and melts in the Texas heat.  If it wears well I may buy the shade 22w to mix with 14w

Honored Contributor

Re: Rare Beauty Tinted Moisturizer, Initial Thoughts

@monicakm - Congratulations on your first experience with TM! And how lucky it's a positive one! 

I've worn this for years, always in the summer, and some other times of the year when I've wanted a lighter look.

Before I found QVC I wore Laura Mercier's. Then I discovered Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, still one of my favorites. Last year our longtime favorite MUA at Sephora wanted me to try Ilia. That's my first serum foundation, but I'm really happy with it. 

Next time I go to Sephora I'll look at Rare Beauty. I do like their liquid blush. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  - I also like Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue.  I like the spf 30 - even though I still wear spf underneath.  I was wondering how it holds up in summer heat?  Were you pleased during the warmer months?

Esteemed Contributor

I did not do well with BM Complexion Rescue during the summer. It become very oily on my skin and settled into pores/lines. I did not have that issue when it was cooler out.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@beach-mom  - I also like Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue.  I like the spf 30 - even though I still wear spf underneath.  I was wondering how it holds up in summer heat?  Were you pleased during the warmer months?

@San Antonio Gal - I've had good luck with it. I never go without sunscreen- I've been wearing it forever every day, even if I'm inside on a rainy day! The ONLY time I don't wear it is if I wear one of my tinted moisturizers with SPF. Otherwise I wear sunscreen and a primer under foundation.

I have worn this in the middle of summer in Delaware and Louisiana with no problem. It doesn't melt off my face and my blush stays on top. The only place I haven't worn it is by the ocean or the pool. But then I'm one who doesn't wear any makeup or jewelry those places anyway. I never have!   Smiley Happy

ETA: I just saw @kate2357's post. I do have combination skin, but it doesn't skew oily at all, even in the summer and humidity. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

I'm going to go ahead and order a darker shade to mix with my current one that is just a smidgen too light.  I don't get tan at all so I wear the same color year around.