Honored Contributor

This is for ladies 60 and over.  Have you ever wanted a glow/lift to your facial skin?  Well, I do and I tried the new illuminizers, etc. and the powder does not work on my mid 60's skin.  Today, I thought I would try a primer sample I have by Laura Mercier called Primer Radiance.  First my moisturizer, then the primer and then my LM oil-free moisturizer.  I looked 5 years younger.  It gave me a glow without the powdery look on the face.  It really did look pretty and it was perfect for day wear and night.  Thought I would share with you.  I never tried the primer before so I know it's been around but it really gave my complexion a lift that I needed without being overdone if you know what I mean.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

KatCat....I truly believe this comes from lifestyle.  Diet, exercise, and how we approach stress in our life produces inner radiance.  I have thought about this as I see the difference in myself depending on the choices I make.  Happy you have found a successful product that mimics the real deal....enjoy!

@Katcat1 wrote:

This is for ladies 60 and over.  Have you ever wanted a glow/lift to your facial skin?  Well, I do and I tried the new illuminizers, etc. and the powder does not work on my mid 60's skin.  Today, I thought I would try a primer sample I have by Laura Mercier called Primer Radiance.  First my moisturizer, then the primer and then my LM oil-free moisturizer.  I looked 5 years younger.  It gave me a glow without the powdery look on the face.  It really did look pretty and it was perfect for day wear and night.  Thought I would share with you.  I never tried the primer before so I know it's been around but it really gave my complexion a lift that I needed without being overdone if you know what I mean.  Cat Very Happy

Contributor

I tried the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer instead of my regular primer and was not happy with the  results.  I did get a glow, however, every pore in my face seemed much more magnified than before with my usual primer.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1

I would like a glow or lift!  If I thought it would work for me I'd buy it in a second!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I'm 61. I like to use an illuminating blush on the apples of my cheeks. Not fond of illuminating the entire face but just a hint on my cheeks and sometimes a tad on brow bones. For me this little bit of illumination gives me a more youthful appearance. 

Esteemed Contributor

I echo what @phoenixbrd said. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Thanks...I do not have large pores so this probably would work well for me. I use BM Complexion Rescue so I do get that lit from within with that product. Glad it works well for you. Good reco. as I have been wanting to try LM's tinted Moisturer & I do love her highlighter. Next time I am at Sephora, I will get samples.

Respected Contributor

She did not say that she wanted to illuminate her face but rather give it a natural lit from within. That was my take on her post.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1. Just to be clear, you have mentioned moisturizer twice.... Once before the primer and an oil free moisturizer after primer. Both? If you apply makeup over the illuminating primer, can you still see the illumination underneath?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus,  Yes.  I always use my regular moisturizer first then the radiance primer and then my oil free tinted moisturizer.  Since tinted moisturizer is somewhat sheer, you do see a glow shine thru.  I liked it because it was more natural looking.  Powders did not work for me.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength