Honored Contributor

HI ladies!  For those that use this powder, I need some guidance I think.  I've used it a couple times now and not sure I like it but think thats mainly due to me not being used to using a powder for brows.  I've always used a pencil.  Is there a trick to applying this or does it just take a bit of practice.  Seems a bit more difficult to put it on, takes me a bit longer.  

Some places don't look covered and when I am done and smoothe things out with the spoolie, it still looks a bit odd to me.  Maybe its just powder does look different.  The color is good though!  

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

HI ladies!  For those that use this powder, I need some guidance I think.  I've used it a couple times now and not sure I like it but think thats mainly due to me not being used to using a powder for brows.  I've always used a pencil.  Is there a trick to applying this or does it just take a bit of practice.  Seems a bit more difficult to put it on, takes me a bit longer.  

Some places don't look covered and when I am done and smoothe things out with the spoolie, it still looks a bit odd to me.  Maybe its just powder does look different.  The color is good though!  

I have this in dark. Yes it takes a bit of practice. Use very little! I start middle of brow to end then fill the rest. It lasts all day. I really like it.

Valued Contributor

I use eye primer on my brows.

Respected Contributor

Re: RMS Beauty Brow Powder

[ Edited ]

Anastasia Brow Powder girl here. Going to the ABH counter at Nordstrom and having them show me how to use the powder was a game changer. I also have them wax/shape my brows every few months. 

I assume RMS powder is the same. I understand this may put you in a spot to potentially buy one of their products - but they have really good stuff! 

Just a thought 

Respected Contributor

Re: RMS Beauty Brow Powder

[ Edited ]

Oh no @JudyL  I still haven't received mine!  I don't like the practice, learning curve comment.That's never a good sign for me. 

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

Oh no @JudyL  I still haven't received mine!  I don't like the practice, learning curve comment.That's never a good sign for me. 

@KBEANS - I tried it again and it was easier for me. Think its more getting used to using a powder.  It is different than a pencil.  It stayed all day and I did like how it looked all day.  Tried it on a work from home day and kept checking it in the mirror to see how it was holding up. LOL  Thank goodness for work from home days because thats usually when I try out new makeup that I'm not sure about.

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS - wanted to let you know that putting the rms brow powder on today went much easier and I like it!  Think it was my 3rd or maybe 4th time and it went on much easier and faster and I like it.  I have figured out how much I need on the brush - one tap at a time - and start in the middle of my brow working towards the end of the brow tapping just once each time I needed to add a little more.  Brushing it on lightly, don't need to press hard (think I was used to pressng harder using a pencil).  Then filled in rest of the brow using same technique, and then smoothing it all out with the spoolie.  Was done in no time and it looks great.  Didn't add any clear brow gel today like I usually do because I want to see how it does without gel.    

So give yourself a few tries playing with amount and application and I think you'll like it.  Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

I'll take your advice @JudyL @if it ever gets here! I'm still waiting on the delivery. I got a notice  from USPS today saying my delivery maybe delayed... again. This item has been a long time coming. 😆 

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS - goodness gracious, it is taking a long time to get to you.

Valued Contributor

You also need a good brow brush. I use IT brow brush. It gives me a  perfect application with any powder brow item.