Esteemed Contributor

Re: RLT Question - re broken capillaries on face

@StillStelladorable wrote:

I have been using the Light Stim for Wrinkles with fantastic results after 3 months. My broken caps are gone and a few darker patches on my face have faded significantly. I see the most improvement in my eye area and right below. While my eyes are still crinkled a bit, the area below, high on my cheekbone is super smooth.

I believe it is the consistent long term use that will yield results. Jist keep at it. Of course I use retin a and sunscreen even if I'm staying inside. But I love my Light Stim!

@StillStelladorable 

Thank you for sharing your experience. Yes, I will keep using this mask, but I'm pretty sure I will move up to the Omnilux or Current Body mask, since the reviews are so good for both of those masks. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Regular Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@StillStelladorable wrote:

I have been using the Light Stim for Wrinkles with fantastic results after 3 months. My broken caps are gone and a few darker patches on my face have faded significantly. I see the most improvement in my eye area and right below. While my eyes are still crinkled a bit, the area below, high on my cheekbone is super smooth.

I believe it is the consistent long term use that will yield results. Jist keep at it. Of course I use retin a and sunscreen even if I'm staying inside. But I love my Light Stim!

@StillStelladorable 

Thank you for sharing your experience. Yes, I will keep using this mask, but I'm pretty sure I will move up to the Omnilux or Current Body mask, since the reviews are so good for both of those masks. 

Let us know what you think when you make your decision. Just for giggles, check out the new Lyma wand. It looks interesting but I couldn't even begin to think of getting one at that price.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StillStelladorable 

I keep waffling because I also want an RLT hat for hair growth. I just can't make up my mind which to buy first. The RLT hat costs more and my thinning hair really bothers me a lot. So it's just a matter of making up my blasted mind, then ordering the hat or the mask. Then save up for whichever device I didn't order this time.

High finance, you know? LOL.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Regular Contributor

@kate2357  I do know!!!! I would keep your current rlt mask for the face and buy the hat. Then consider the face mask upgrade after youve had more time with the mask you have now.

I am thinking of asking my BFF to go halfs on the Lyma. Then we each use it for 45 days and I still get to use my Light Stim on the off days.

So YESssss. Very high finance!

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@StillStelladorable 

I keep waffling because I also want an RLT hat for hair growth. I just can't make up my mind which to buy first. The RLT hat costs more and my thinning hair really bothers me a lot. So it's just a matter of making up my blasted mind, then ordering the hat or the mask. Then save up for whichever device I didn't order this time.

High finance, you know? LOL.

@kate2357 

Just wanted to say something about hair growth caps...

There are caps with red LEDS and others with laser lights. Not the same thing. Some caps contain both LEDs and lasers. Lasers cost more and are by far more effective at making hair regrow. The more lasers a cap contains, the better chances of having regrowth. My point is to really look closely at the type of cap you might buy. I have owned both kinds, LED and laser, and I have had the best regrowth with laser. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

The one I'm considering is the Capillus Focal from Costco at $399 vs $720 from Capillus direct. My hair is thinning just at front near part area. Costco has extremely long return policy on most all items. 

Hair growth Hat.PNG

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@SilleeMee 

The one I'm considering is the Capillus Focal from Costco at $399 vs $720 from Capillus direct. My hair is thinning just at front near part area. Costco has extremely long return policy on most all items. 

Hair growth Hat.PNG

@kate2357 

Looks good to me. Great price at Costco!

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

Another thing about hair loss...

It's one thing to have distinct bald spots (alopecia areata) than it is to have generalized hair thinning. Most often hair loss is noticed when we see the front and top of head start to get thin. But in fact hair loss happens all over the scalp. So it's really beneficial to treat the whole scalp rather than just the top or the front. Something to consider when buying a laser cap.

Honored Contributor

I don't see any difference in the broken caps.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 I haven't seen that cap at Costco before.  Looks like a good price. I would consider it, but I use the headband and I like to do my treatments right after I wash my hair before I add products in and to do so with the cap, my hair would be half dry before I could put product in my hair, so I would have to spritz it back down.  

Here's a pic of the broken capillaries which bother me the most.   You can also see un the pic how my cheeks are red all the time (and those darned enlarged pores). 

20230217_120140.jpg