Honored Contributor

What are your thoughts on applying a skin care product before you use your mask?  I know the company says you can use an eye cream if you like but I'm wondering about a whole face product. I used Glow Recipe PHA "fat water" tonight.  Of course I can't see any difference but I was wondering if it impedes progress/results.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Can't say. I haven't worn a mask since '21.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Any masks I use are salcylic or gylcolic acid in a high percentage with a a few days downtime.

Their directions are to clean skin thoroughly and be sure no oils are left on skin. In fact, one mask comes with a sealed pad of a polish remover type formula to be sure no oil's on skin.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

What are your thoughts on applying a skin care product before you use your mask?  I know the company says you can use an eye cream if you like but I'm wondering about a whole face product. I used Glow Recipe PHA "fat water" tonight.  Of course I can't see any difference but I was wondering if it impedes progress/results.

Thanks

@monicakm Wayne Goss says he does his evening skincare, then does his mask treatment.  This is his nightly routine. I don't know what all his topical are, but his routine includes Tretinoin/Retin A.  For me, personally, I will do some of my skincare, do my mask treatment, then finish the remaining skincare.  I don't know for sure, but I kinda think thinner liquids and watery serums are ok, but gels or creamy serums, moisturizers, and oils, being more occlusive, could block penetration of the light waves, if doing the treatment immediately following application.  Here's what I do....

AM-

cleanse

Nassif pad

A pump of green tea extract on moistened hands and pressed onto face

RLT mask

Vitamin C serum

toner/essence/beauty water spritz (will repeat between other steps as needed)

serums 

eye treatment

moisturizer

PM- (sometime between 5pm & 8pm)

pre-cleanse

cleanse

toner/essence/beauty water spritz (will repeat between other steps as needed)

serums

eye treatment 

moisturizer 

9:30pm RLT mask

Tretnoin (.05% most nights)

Respected Contributor

Omnilux has a hydrogel mask that you can use with the rlt mask (or on its own) that is made to use with rlt.   I haven't tried one of those yet.  Omnilux says it's formulated to work with the mask and increase efficiency.   I usually use my rlt mask with clean skin.    I had a hydration mask applied when my derm used rlt (big round machine that covered my whole head and neck) after my radiofrequency microneedling treatment. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I'm using my RLT devices on clean skin only. I apply my skin care products afterwards. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thanks.  So in the evening you're doing your full nighttime routine before your mask.  Aren't you the rebel Smiley Wink  I think the Glow Recipe PHA "fat water" would be ok.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

That's what the directions say to do.  Just seems like some sort of hydration and/or active would be ideal.  

Honored Contributor

Re: RLT Mask Users

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

Did you see the "THE LED COMMANDMENTS" on CB's website? Here they are:

"THE LED COMMANDMENTS"

"Step 1: Start with freshly cleansed skin that's free from makeup. Wet your face with warm water & use the Daily Foaming Cleanser to ensure skin is rid of all dirt, oil & impurities.

Step 2: Smooth the Eyebrow Razor over dried skin at a 45-degree angle in the direction of hair growth to remove dead skin cells & peach fuzz.

Step 3: Swipe on the Daily AHA Tonic to gently exfoliate & accelerate skin cell renewal before your LED treatment.

Step 4: Use the Hyaluronic Acid Serum to lock in moisture. Just add a few drops to your face & massage in.

Step 5: Place the Hydrogel Mask on your face & smooth it out.

Step 6: Now put the LED Mask on & turn it on for your 10-minute treatment. The device will automatically turn off afterwards.

Step 7: Follow with the Clarifying Clay Mask. Simply apply it to your face, wait until it has set & then rinse off.

Step 8: Finish with the Eyebrow Precision tool. Press the button to turn the device on & use it to trim & shape eyebrows on clean, dry skin. Once done, turn the device off & use the cleaning brush to wipe away any loose hairs."

Esteemed Contributor

According to CB's website the LED mask wouldn't work unless one used all those steps? It sounds like a marketing ploy to get one to spend more money. 

If the LED is as good as they say, it should be efficient with only a couple steps, not that many. I've read that LED masks work, but all these 8 steps seem unnecessary. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain