Valued Contributor

Re: REVLON ILLUMANANCE FOUNDATION, WOW!!

@Midmod wrote:
@Dazlin
I couldn't find any info on the shades at all at Revlon
I went to Ulta and searched for REVLON ILLUMANANCE FOUNDATION.
There is a place that says find your shade. Then they ask you what you are using now and finds the best match for that.

I hope this helps.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Valued Contributor

So weird that Revlon doesn’t list the undertones of their foundations. I’m not big on the “find your shade” tool. It makes it much easier for me to choose a color when I know what the undertone is. Even looking at the color in the store can be difficult to tell how it will appear on your face and what the undertone is.
Valued Contributor

@Natureluvr wrote:
So weird that Revlon doesn’t list the undertones of their foundations. I’m not big on the “find your shade” tool. It makes it much easier for me to choose a color when I know what the undertone is. Even looking at the color in the store can be difficult to tell how it will appear on your face and what the undertone is.

I just used the find your shade and it didn't work for me. The shade they recommended was at least 1 shade too light. The undertone was correct, though. So I guess my advice wasn't that great.

I do wish they would give the undertones too. It's so hard to tell just from the bottle. 

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Occasional Visitor

Hi, Dazlin ( and everyone ). After reading here and online, I wanted to try this foundation. Like many of you, I had a hard time figuring out my shade. If you go to Amazon and type in Revlon Illuminance foundation, it will take you to the Revlon store. There you will find a really good shade chart with cool, neutral, warm listed under the shades. The shades looked very true, IMO. Hope this helps!
Honored Contributor

@YMarie wrote:
Hi, Dazlin ( and everyone ). After reading here and online, I wanted to try this foundation. Like many of you, I had a hard time figuring out my shade. If you go to Amazon and type in Revlon Illuminance foundation, it will take you to the Revlon store. There you will find a really good shade chart with cool, neutral, warm listed under the shades. The shades looked very true, IMO. Hope this helps!

@YMarie - I went and looked on Amazon and found what you mentioned.  It helped me a lot and have put this foundation on my Wish List for possibly purchasing it in the future.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Those of you who have tried this, I noticed the first review on Amazon says that it transfers easily.  Have you noticed this?

Honored Contributor

Ordering foundation is usually a shot in the dark for me. I ordered "creamy natural".  It'll be here Tuesday. 🤞

Trusted Contributor

I finally had time to go into Walmart today and take time to pick a color. I had trouble choosing between the Light Natural #213 and #217 Beige.
#213 is described as warm and #217 as neutral. I bought #213 and I'll try it today. But I'm waffling between the two colors. We'll see what it looks like today. I've been using Missha #221 and like it but after a few hours, it's pretty much gone - Elf primer or not.
Thanks @Dazlin

Honored Contributor

Know I said that I wasn't going to try any more foundations until I finished with the L'Oreal foundation that I just bought.  Well I'm here to eat my words once again.  Placed an order on Amazon for a few things - which I will talk about next Thursday in the Purchases thread once I've had a chance to try them out - and lo and behold what jumped right into my cart?  The Revlon Illuminance foundation in Cool Beige.

Wow, used it today for the first time and is it ever good!  Put it on around 10:30 this morning and its now almost 5:00 and it still looks great.  Hasn't broken down on my nose or chin like most foundations do, coverage is still good everywhere else too.  No settlling in fine lines or the smile lines.  I am very impressed.  I did use a primer and I did powder ever so slightly. in the t-zone.  Don't usually powder at all because it just doesn't look good on me and the foundation ends up looking worse but it did well today.

The one thing I did learn - don't like IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores powder compact.  It is very white and made me look ghostly and I used very little.  Don't remember it doing that to me in the past.  This may end up in the donation box.

Otherwise, this foundation is a thumbs up!  Thank you @Dazlin for bringing it to our attention.

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL
This makeup is by far the best I've ever wore. It stays all day. It doesn't dry out on my dry skin and end up cracking in the line beside my mouth or between my eyes. It just lays beautifully on top of my skin almost like it locks in the moisture I laid down before applying the foundation. I do apply two thin coats with my fingertips and stipple. I've never owned any high end foundation; all mine come from drug stores. This is wonderful for dry skin. I bought #213 light natural/warm undertone but it's worth trying another color just to test it out. I'm sure I can blend and use both to get my money's worth.
I'm sorry I'm unable to explain any better but @Dazlin explained it better than I ever could.

She's said it all and I agree with everything she said ❤️