Contributor

Re: REVIEW of JAY MANUEL POWDER to CREAM FOUNDATION

Mine is going right back too.  I couldn't get enough powder on the sponge to coat my skin and it remains sticky all the time it's on. I really don't get this product.

Esteemed Contributor

@virgosun wrote:

I bought this when it was recently a special offer and received it yesterday.  I tried it this morning and am sending it back today.  First, I picked the darkest of the light shades and it was still too light for me which is rare.  But I decided I didnt like it enough after applying it to exchange for a deeper shade.  The concealer was thin and kind of messy to apply.  Too much kept coming out at once.  The foundation itself was very very sheer and I had to reapply it several times to get any coverage at all.  Also the special sponges don't pick the powder up fully, more just on the edges of the sponge.  I have much better foundations that are easier to use and also leave my skin with more of a glow.  This finish is kind of matte and somewhat dry.  So I really don't recommend it.

I watched his presentation, @virgosun, and decided not to purchase. I had tried his concealer before, returned and was very disappointed. It covered very little. I think he oversells his products.

Respected Contributor

The liquid foundation is what everyone is raving about. Youtube has lots of reviews and even on the QVC site. The reviews for the recent TSV weren't to good on youtube.At least there you can see how it looks on the woman if you can find someone in  your color range.

Valued Contributor

I tried it on bare skin like he did on tv and even with the beauty blender.I returned this foundation before so I shouldn't have tried it a second time.

The sponges have a great shape but they don't work much.The concealer is not bad,but I have to return the TSV.

His tube foundation has excellent coverage and doesn't require a primer.

Contributor

I guess I'm the minority here. I like it ok. I choose Light 3 which turns out to be a good match for me. The sponges included don't work to apply the product. Just throw those away. I use a combination of my Beauty Blenda and foundation brush. My complaint is how much product I have to use. It doesn't cake but at the amount needed to cover, it won't last long at all. I won't send it back, but I won't repurchase either.