Respected Contributor

REVIEW OF KAYALI UTOPIA VANILLA COCO 21 EDP

I got the 10ml mini bottle to test & I will start by listing the notes.

Top: Coconut Milk--Pear Blossom--Honeysuckle--Italian Lemon

Mid: Tuberose--Jazmine Sambac--Gardenia--Musk Mallow

Base: Bourbon Vanilla--Sandlewood--Musk--Patouchli

This is not a first impression. I Love it! (getting a full bottle) I have been looking for a tropical scent like this for hot hummid weather here is fl. I do have other tropical scents but they are too cloying for daytime wear. Except for one which is Guerlain Coconut Fizz.

Scents are subjective & our sense of smell & as far as chemistry can be different. With that being said...What I pick up from this scent first off is the cocount & a bit of Pear. Then a soft tuberose & Jasmine. Finally the vanilla, Sandlwood & Musk.

This is a creamy coconut, Jasmine, Vanilla Perfume which is a beautiful soft scent. The White Florals are not loud & the coconut is not synthetic & stays thruout the scent. I do not pick up Patouchi but it does have a slight woody drydown.

This is not a intense perfume as claimed but it does last on my skin for 4hrs. 2 hours of arm length projection & then the rest dries down to a bubble around me then becomes a skin scent that does last for hrs. which can be worn day or night. The atomizers on her scents are such a fine mist, beautiful bottles, beautiful packaging.{ I will do my review in a while on Kayali Invite Only }

Honored Contributor

Re: REVIEW OF KAYALI UTOPIA VANILLA COCO 21 EDP

@Kabella 

Thank YOU for your impression of Vanilla Coco.  I can't wait to try it but it is still out of stock on Sephora (10ml size).  It has a 3 star rating on Sephora.  A fragrance by Comptoir Sud Pacifique has a Vanille Coco scent that I adored!  I wore that one and Vanille Abricot.  This was in the 90s  Bought the Abricot scent a few years ago and like I suspected, they had changed some ingredients and it didn't smell as nice.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm  Your Welcome! Utopia imo should have never been labeled as an intense perfume. I think that is where people were disapointed in the reviews as well as people who do not like white florals. My favorite tropical scent is Terracotta by Guerlain but cannot wear it in the day heat. So Utopia is a lighter, softer version of Terracotta which is why I love it. I have never tried the perfumes you have mentioned.

Invite Only was a disapointment. I won't go much into it except to say that the Cinnamon was much too STRONG.  

Honored Contributor

Cinnamon?  I didn't detect that unless cinnamon (in the fragrance world) smells nothing like culinary world cinnamon.  I did detect "bug spray" tho Smiley Surprised  I wore it to dinner the other night and DH made no comment.  He always tells me  how good I smell so with my feelings about it and the fact that he didn't comment, it went back.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  wow at bug spray! Yes, it was Ceylon Cinnamon. It did not smell like dessert at all. It was overpowering & extremly spicy. I got like a Cherry Liquer with a hit of what smelled to me like pipe tobacco in the opening but no hint of honey or chocolate hazelnut. Quite boozy & smoky. I got the oud soon after & it was a hint of a smooth oud which I did like. Then came the cinnamon which took over the scent from Mid on . I could not wait to scrub it off so did not get as far as the dry down. It sure was Intense tho. lol

Honored Contributor

@Kabella 

Geez! Everyone says I have a nose like a bloodhound.  Apparently not! lol  But I'm still enjoying the Vanilla one.  OK, found and purchased the Coco version on ebay.  Keeping my fingers crossed this one makes my nose happy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@monicakm Glad you found it. Was it the 10ml mini? 

Honored Contributor

@Kabella 

That size is still  out of stock on Sephora.  I could have purchased 10ml size on eBay but chose the smallest amt instead (2ml).  That was $13 Smiley Surprised