Honored Contributor

Anyone heard of this technique? I do it with a foundation stick or applying foundation with a brush in a stripe under the blush and cheekbone. No contour shades or highlight needed.

Instant lifting.

Trusted Contributor

that sounds interesting.  Might have to try.  If I remember.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Anyone heard of this technique? I do it with a foundation stick or applying foundation with a brush in a stripe under the blush and cheekbone. No contour shades or highlight needed.

Instant lifting.

@Shanus    I just go and get my "instant lifting" from Voluma®.   I have a very proficient tech!   

This way I get the paper, take out the trash...and run to the take-out without putting on makeup.   Yeah..."lazy"  I know!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Last nite Shawn and Mally showed a contour technique using blush, did you see that?

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Last nite Shawn and Mally showed a contour technique using blush, did you see that?

Did not see this @Shelbelle .  Can you describe?

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle   Watched it this morning, but looked like they were just applying blush.

I'm referring to lightening that area beneath the blush to achieve a more lifted look. I like the method of using a foundation stick in an upwards motion underneath the blush. Of course, as shown, blush is used in an upward sweep, so is ALL makeup...eyes, too. 

The way Mally showed it, IMHO, too much of a darker shade was used.

Honored Contributor

Re: REVERSE CONTOURING?

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal   Mally used blush (?)  to contour. I'm talking about lightening the area under cheekbone to accentuate and lift the cheek instead of the usual darker shades applied in that area.

Honored Contributor

They just said to apply your blush from the nose and sweeep it up and out, really nothing new. 

Frequent Contributor

I think Eve Pearl made this popular with her cream makeup.  She had two shades, one lighter one darker in the compact.  You were supposed to use the lighter one on bottom portion of face and darker on upper portion.  Great makeup!

Respected Contributor

With this method is the only place foundation applied under your blush?