Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I tried it at Ulta and was amazed that a woman with rosacea would formulate such a product. It looked like I glowed in the dark with my faint redness underneath showing through. A truly surprising product ...

I didn't just glow, glitter all over and big particles of glitter when seeing myself in sun light

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

You missed my posted warnings - you are correct - you can't see it unless you are in the sun or in bright lights - I was shocked when I got in the car one day and looked in the rearview mirror - sparkles all over my face!  Awful stuff - oh, but it's not glittery as they say - no IT'S SPARKLY!

sure missed posts, should have read but didn't think I would sparkle with so much glitter, wow, unbelievable

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

The other people who bought it just haven't realized it yet and their friends are too afraid to say "Oh, your face looks like you've been decorating a sparkly Christmas tree all day".  It's just frightening to think these women are all walking around like this.

I did for 3 days till DH finally told me than a server in a diner  we go to so I looked in the car mirror in sunlight, couldn't believe what I saw

Respected Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

You missed my posted warnings - you are correct - you can't see it unless you are in the sun or in bright lights - I was shocked when I got in the car one day and looked in the rearview mirror - sparkles all over my face!  Awful stuff - oh, but it's not glittery as they say - no IT'S SPARKLY!

I agree.  My skin looks fine in my bathroom lighting, but sparsely outdoors.  Now that spring is approaching and the days are light longer, I would never wear this product outside of my home lol.  

I did not purchase the TSV because I had fortunately been sent a sample if I tried and knew that it looked like I put highlighter all over my face, which is soemthgin I would never do.

same, here, looked okay in the bathroom mirror. Wish I had gotten a sample, would have saved postage

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

I am not sure where the disco ball is coming from. I have used this and I have not seen anything. Maybe your using to much.

No, I don't use much at all, one small scant  pump is more than enough

Respected Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

I was curious about how glittery it was so I recently went into Ulta and applied it to my hand.  In the store it looked lovely - not glittery at all.  However, when I stepped out into the natural light OMG - it WAS VERY glittery.  Glad I didn't purchase it when it was the TSV.

I looked fine in the house too but out in the sun, wow

Respected Contributor

@KoKo wrote:

Its like a glitter bomb exploded on your face. Not attractive on young or old faces.

so agree, not a good look for anyone unless you work in a circus

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

I would try IT but not the illumination.    I am 63 and I don't need to "glow".   

Less is more at my age.   

@doglover3 wrote:

I use and love both Doll(won't repurchase) and the IT original CC which I just got about 3 or 4 months ago in the super size. I had tried it before, didn't care for when it first came out.

Either it changed or my skin changed but I now love it.  I wanted to try the illunating one so got this latest TSV, WOW, I look like a Christmas ornament. Not only did hubby comment but when we went out to eat our server asked if I had been decorating, why I said, can see the glitter all over your face, you really sparkle with glitter.

I have dry mature skin and I looked terrible, so much glitter you can't possibly imagine.

I was tempted to keep it just for the brush since I hated losing $10 but being I don't like waterproof mascara and the lipstick was sort of mauve/purple on me(not a nice color). I have pale lips if that makes a difference?  I decided to return.

I am on AD for the supersize in the IT original CC so will stick with that. If I didn't like this IT so much I would get the Doll TSV since I got it last year and did like it bit now I like this IT better.

I just can't believe I am the only one that all the glitter shows up on?

yes, do try the regular, very moisturizing, so much so I don't put anything on under it, very nice

Respected Contributor

@Cindersmck5 wrote:

You are definitely not alone.  So disappointing after they specified illumination, no glitter.  Also thought the mascara was nothing special and the lipstick barely showed up on me. My coloring is light/medium.  It is more like a lip balm.  On the way back to the Q.

have you tried the original IT CC, very different, like this one a lot

Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY who is returning this because of the obvious sparkles/glitter/whatever you want to call that stuff should have to pay return postage because QVC stated in print in the "Insider" and online that it DOESN'T HAVE GLITTER OR SHIMMER, while clearly it does. That's called misrepresentation. AFAIC, the product that they deliver is defective because it DOES contain glitter/sparkles, and you shouldn't have to pay return postage on a defective item.

Here's the current copy for A266440, Illumination Cream and Brush:

"What is it: CC+ Illumination Cream from IT Cosmetics is your complete skin care, SPF 50+ sun protection, and full-coverage foundation with a subtle touch of luminosity and radiance. Infused with antiaging ingredients including hyaluronic acid, peptides, hydrolyzed collagen, and silk, CC+ Illumination Cream gives you that light and je ne sais quoi of beautiful skin without using glitter or shimmer. It's paired with the Heavenly Luxe Plush Paddle Brush, so you can airbrush this skin-loving cream onto your skin in an instant!"

This is obviously untrue. I would agitate to get my return postage refunded, or at least credited. I wish I'd done this when I return last summer's TSV for the same reason, and cancelled the A/D.

I totally agree, lost $$$ having to return it and in my opinion like you, don't think we should have to pay that, certainly misrepresented. I would not have ordered if I knew I would sparkle like a Christmas ornament.