Trusted Contributor

I did not like this foundation on my face for all the reasons stated above.  However I am NOT returning it for the following reasons: 

1.  While the foundation doesn't look good on my face it is great on the back of my hands.  I always use a suncreen on them before going out, and since this has a great SPF I use the brush and one pump is enough for both hands.  It helps to even out my skin tone and the glow looks pretty on my hands, unlike on my face. 

2.  The brush is nice, and I like that it has a flat bottom (and not another small brush there) so I can stand it on the tray on my dresser next to the foundation where I keep the lotion and rings I put on as the last thing I do before going out of the house.

3.  I think the mascara is great and gives wonderful length, and it didn't smudge at the end of the day.  I've only used it twice so don't know how long it will last.

4.  I won't wear the lip balm as a lipstick when going out, but it's nice to wear during the day at home to keep my lips moisturized. 

Respected Contributor

totally agree.

@Kachina624 wrote:

I put some on the back of my hand and immediately noticed that it looked pearlized.  I don't want that look on my daytime face.  It doesn't look natural.   I can't imagine why they took a good product and ruined it. 

Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

That IT TSV with the illuminating CC cream is also going to be the Today's Showstopper in Canada on TSC this upcoming Saturday. Yet another boring day as they sell this along with upsells. I do not want sparkle, glitter, illumination, or whatever you want to call it in my foundation. 

Have you ever looked in a mirror in daylight after using a founfation or concealer with sparkle? It's not flattering at all.

The Shopping Channel now simply copies QVC when it comes to selling those IT makeup kits and L'Oreal certainly has raised their prices for IT Cosmetics. This will be a big pass for me.

I looked in the car mirror after I eas told I looked like I had been decorating, couldn't believe what I looked like.

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I don't mind the regular CC cream but that illuminating one is awful on me. It may work for some, but not for me. 

Whats even worse is the she makes an Illumating Bye Bye Under Eyes cream. I've received a few samples in my Ulta orders and there's no way I'd go out with that under my eyes. I'd love to see some of them in person with that stuff on. I'm all for brightening under my eyes, but that stuff is a big no, no for me. 

the way my whole face looked, can't imagine adding more under my eyes

Respected Contributor

@engineer wrote:

I  also had to return. I LOVE IT am afraid we will notice some changes now company has sold.My other reason is the mascara. Everyone seems to really like. On previous orders of this mascara it is clumpy. I had hoped perhaps this time (TSV) it would be better. NO!!!!

I don't wear water proff mascara so didn't like how stiff my lashes got with this but would have kept if the foundation wasn't so full of glitter.

Respected Contributor

@hookedonq wrote:

I went to Ulta and tried it several weeks ago and it looked ridiculous on my face...too shiny and sparkly...so I knew to skip this TSV. Currently using the original IT powder with SPF 50. Hope that stays the same!

I sure hope so too, like and use the original

Respected Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Mine is full of glitter.  It sits in every pore and is not nice at all.  I wish I had sent it back.  I bought the tsv a year and a half ago at least.  I even tried recently to use it a bit as a under eye concealer, ah no.  So, it will be tossed this week.  

The lip gloss turns a weird bright pink on me.  Just terrible.  I think it would be good for people that don't have a lot of color in their lips. 

Needless to say, the tsv was a huge fail for me.  I do see raves for the original version of the cc. 

totally agree and very unfair of them to advertise no glitter

Respected Contributor

@Priss wrote:

I returned mine too.  I had the little sparkle specks everywhere along with the specks from the flaking mascara.  The lipstick color was awful on me too!

exactly the same

Respected Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@doglover3  Thanks for the review! I am so glad I did not order this.

yup, if you don't want to sparkle like a Christmas ornament skip this one

Respected Contributor

@laurelei wrote:

I tried the CC illumination when it first came out and I was glowing like a light bulb.  Back to Ulta it went.  I wasn't the least bit tempted by this TSV.

should have gone to Ulta and test it, dumb me