Respected Contributor

I don't mind the regular CC cream but that illuminating one is awful on me. It may work for some, but not for me. 

Whats even worse is the she makes an Illumating Bye Bye Under Eyes cream. I've received a few samples in my Ulta orders and there's no way I'd go out with that under my eyes. I'd love to see some of them in person with that stuff on. I'm all for brightening under my eyes, but that stuff is a big no, no for me. 

Trusted Contributor

I  also had to return. I LOVE IT am afraid we will notice some changes now company has sold.My other reason is the mascara. Everyone seems to really like. On previous orders of this mascara it is clumpy. I had hoped perhaps this time (TSV) it would be better. NO!!!!

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY who is returning this because of the obvious sparkles/glitter/whatever you want to call that stuff should have to pay return postage because QVC stated in print in the "Insider" and online that it DOESN'T HAVE GLITTER OR SHIMMER, while clearly it does. That's called misrepresentation. AFAIC, the product that they deliver is defective because it DOES contain glitter/sparkles, and you shouldn't have to pay return postage on a defective item.

Here's the current copy for A266440, Illumination Cream and Brush:

"What is it: CC+ Illumination Cream from IT Cosmetics is your complete skin care, SPF 50+ sun protection, and full-coverage foundation with a subtle touch of luminosity and radiance. Infused with antiaging ingredients including hyaluronic acid, peptides, hydrolyzed collagen, and silk, CC+ Illumination Cream gives you that light and je ne sais quoi of beautiful skin without using glitter or shimmer. It's paired with the Heavenly Luxe Plush Paddle Brush, so you can airbrush this skin-loving cream onto your skin in an instant!"

This is obviously untrue. I would agitate to get my return postage refunded, or at least credited. I wish I'd done this when I return last summer's TSV for the same reason, and cancelled the A/D.

I didn't order this TSV, but I have this product. I see NO glimmer or shimmer in mine.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

That IT TSV with the illuminating CC cream is also going to be the Today's Showstopper in Canada on TSC this upcoming Saturday. Yet another boring day as they sell this along with upsells. I do not want sparkle, glitter, illumination, or whatever you want to call it in my foundation. 

Have you ever looked in a mirror in daylight after using a founfation or concealer with sparkle? It's not flattering at all.

The Shopping Channel now simply copies QVC when it comes to selling those IT makeup kits and L'Oreal certainly has raised their prices for IT Cosmetics. This will be a big pass for me.

I use highlighters daily.  I love them.  It's very flattering to have a highlighter.  They are everywhere this season too. Sephora has like 10 new ones!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I went to Ulta and tried it several weeks ago and it looked ridiculous on my face...too shiny and sparkly...so I knew to skip this TSV. Currently using the original IT powder with SPF 50. Hope that stays the same!

Respected Contributor

Re: RETURNED MY IT TSV

[ Edited ]

Mine is full of glitter.  It sits in every pore and is not nice at all.  I wish I had sent it back.  I bought the tsv a year and a half ago at least.  I even tried recently to use it a bit as a under eye concealer, ah no.  So, it will be tossed this week.  

The lip gloss turns a weird bright pink on me.  Just terrible.  I think it would be good for people that don't have a lot of color in their lips. 

Needless to say, the tsv was a huge fail for me.  I do see raves for the original version of the cc. 

Frequent Contributor

I returned mine too.  I had the little sparkle specks everywhere along with the specks from the flaking mascara.  The lipstick color was awful on me too!

Respected Contributor

@doglover3  Thanks for the review! I am so glad I did not order this.

Valued Contributor

I tried the CC illumination when it first came out and I was glowing like a light bulb.  Back to Ulta it went.  I wasn't the least bit tempted by this TSV.

Honored Contributor

I tried it at Ulta and was amazed that a woman with rosacea would formulate such a product. It looked like I glowed in the dark with my faint redness underneath showing through. A truly surprising product ...