Respected Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

I was curious about how glittery it was so I recently went into Ulta and applied it to my hand.  In the store it looked lovely - not glittery at all.  However, when I stepped out into the natural light OMG - it WAS VERY glittery.  Glad I didn't purchase it when it was the TSV.

I did the exact same thing! I learned years ago not to trust store lighting for anything I put on my skin, so I walked outside, looked at my hand, and burst out laughing. It looked like I had spilled a jar of glitter on the back of my hand! And I had put on only a tiny amount of the product. I went back in to wipe it off my hand and an Ulta clerk walked over. I mentioned it to her and she whispered, "I know. It's really awful. We get tons of returns on that product."  Not surprised! 

sure wish I had gone to Ulta first and tried it before ordering it, would have saved my money.

Respected Contributor

@Desi wrote:

I think for some reason, only about 2 out of 3 people can see the glitter. I can, but I am very near-sighted. DH and DS can't see it on me which astounds me. If you want another way to tell, apply it to your face as you would wear it. Then take a piece of smooth, dark fabric like a pillowcase or dress-shirt, and rub it gently against your face so your makeup transfers (which it will). Now go look close up, preferably outside or under a strong light. If you don't see a fine layer of glitter, I give up.

I think the TSV is even glitterier than the previous Illumination CC. The chunks seem larger and looser. If you wear it in a thick layer it will be less apparent because it's still suspended in the other ingredients. Once it absorbs, what's left is shimmer.

Desi, you may be right, not everyone can see it but wonder if others can see it on them when out in the sun light since they sure could on me. I too had large pieces of glitter all over my whole entire face, all I saw when I looked in the car mirror in the sunlight, glitter.

Honored Contributor

Who knows, it may be a terminology thing.  They say, "no glitter, no shimmer" so either could be a specific ingredient that actually isn't included, so it keeps them in the clear.  Still, with Mica as the FIRST ingredient, that ought to tell people something so shoppers need to educate themselves and be smart about what they're buying.  I have the option of watching QVC two different ways on my TV and I'll tell you, the high definition broadcast is no one's friend when it comes to illumination type makeup and it can sure give a clue as to what one can expect by using the products.  It's one thing to highlight certain areas, but not a good look when you have that glow all over your face.

Respected Contributor

It just seems from reading everyone's reviews that there must be inconsistency in manufacturing.  For the tube I got, there is no mistaking the glitter. The shame is that they are not fixing the problem. 

Super Contributor

Mine went back this morning.  :-(

This CC seemed passable indoors but in the sunlight, no bueno! 

It looked glittery, unsophisticated, just aweful.  

If I wanted a play makeup set, I'd have gotten one from Toys-r-Us.

Very disappointing ITC. :-(

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

I didn't order since I have had to return a lot if IT items lately.  o/t but I do like the TSV from Eve Pearl and I really like the ONE by Kose foundation even though the compact is terrible and they need to improve that.   Received the Doll 10 mascara in a "try me" kit (by Shawn) and would not purchase that mascara again.  JMO

@Daysdee, I ordered that same kit with Shawn's favorites and that Doll 10 mascara is a huge disappointment to me.  And of course it was one of the full size items.  I'll use it but it's not something I'd buy on it's own.  I'm also not crazy about the Nude Stix product either.  I'm not sure if the colors were mixed or if every kit came with the same color but I'm not crazy about the color.  I'm also not sure what to do with the coconut oil.  LOL

I had previously ordered Sandra's favorites and I think I like that better.      

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

I didn't order since I have had to return a lot if IT items lately.  o/t but I do like the TSV from Eve Pearl and I really like the ONE by Kose foundation even though the compact is terrible and they need to improve that.   Received the Doll 10 mascara in a "try me" kit (by Shawn) and would not purchase that mascara again.  JMO

@Daysdee, I ordered that same kit with Shawn's favorites and that Doll 10 mascara is a huge disappointment to me.  And of course it was one of the full size items.  I'll use it but it's not something I'd buy on it's own.  I'm also not crazy about the Nude Stix product either.  I'm not sure if the colors were mixed or if every kit came with the same color but I'm not crazy about the color.  I'm also not sure what to do with the coconut oil.  LOL

I had previously ordered Sandra's favorites and I think I like that better.      

I am also not sure what to do with the coconut oil.   Set would have been a return if returns weren't so costly plus I needed a mascara.  Will not buy again though.

Respected Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

It just seems from reading everyone's reviews that there must be inconsistency in manufacturing.  For the tube I got, there is no mistaking the glitter. The shame is that they are not fixing the problem. 

Same here, I looked like a Christmas tree ornament when I saw myself in sunlight, couldn't believe what I looked like, all glitter all over my entire face and not just a little, looked like big pieces all over my face.

Respected Contributor

I think if we polled people, we'd find that those who mixed the IT Illumination with another product or covered it with powder or something else may have obscured the glitter, so they didn't see it.

I'd bet those of us who applied it to bare or primed skin, straight, and didn't put anything more than blush on top of it were far more likely to look, as I put it before, like we were a disco ball short of a party.

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I think if we polled people, we'd find that those who mixed the IT Illumination with another product or covered it with powder or something else may have obscured the glitter, so they didn't see it.

I'd bet those of us who applied it to bare or primed skin, straight, and didn't put anything more than blush on top of it were far more likely to look, as I put it before, like we were a disco ball short of a party.

I will do this test this week sometime. I will see what it looks like before any powder. You could be right because I have never seen glitter or sparkle. I always have set it with a finishing powder or a little bye bye pores.

Respected Contributor

Thank you, @ccassaday! I think each side has been privately thinking the other it barmy in this discussion, and having an explanation for why some see it while others don't would be very helpful.