Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

I'm guessing you missed the multiple reviews on this board about the illuminating CC cream. Pages of people saying it is glittery, silver cast etc.  IT knows it but I bet they are trying to dump their stock under the guise of a tsv. 

sure did, bought without reading reviews since I love the original and Jamie said no sparkle or glitter.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Was this a repeat of an IT TSV they did a while back?  Because I got that one (first time trying the brand) and back it went straight away.  The Je Ne Sais Quoi didn't even show up on my lips and the cream absolutely did have glitter in it.  I couldn't wash it off fast enough and it took ages to get all the little bits of glitter off my skin.

I returned it at my own expense, but I've never been tempted to order another thing from that line.

this truly is false advertising

Frequent Contributor

I ordered the tsv and I just cancelled the auto delivery.  I had the original CC and loved it thinking this would be fine with "no sparkle or shine" .. well there is!  I'm 68 yrs and I do not need any shine or pearling on my face, if I hadn't already thrown all boxes and wrappings away I'd be sending this back.  Maybe I can put a finishing powder on top.  

I guess I learned my lesson ... don't believe everything you hear.

Valued Contributor

Re: RETURNED MY IT TSV

[ Edited ]

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

I was curious about how glittery it was so I recently went into Ulta and applied it to my hand.  In the store it looked lovely - not glittery at all.  However, when I stepped out into the natural light OMG - it WAS VERY glittery.  Glad I didn't purchase it when it was the TSV.

I did the exact same thing! I learned years ago not to trust store lighting for anything I put on my skin, so I walked outside, looked at my hand, and burst out laughing. It looked like I had spilled a jar of glitter on the back of my hand! And I had put on only a tiny amount of the product. I went back in to wipe it off my hand and an Ulta clerk walked over. I mentioned it to her and she whispered, "I know. It's really awful. We get tons of returns on that product."  Not surprised! 

Honored Contributor

I didn't order since I have had to return a lot if IT items lately.  o/t but I do like the TSV from Eve Pearl and I really like the ONE by Kose foundation even though the compact is terrible and they need to improve that.   Received the Doll 10 mascara in a "try me" kit (by Shawn) and would not purchase that mascara again.  JMO

Honored Contributor

Re: RETURNED MY IT TSV

[ Edited ]

@Daysdee wrote:

I didn't order since I have had to return a lot if IT items lately.  o/t but I do like the TSV from Eve Pearl and I really like the ONE by Kose foundation even though the compact is terrible and they need to improve that.   Received the Doll 10 mascara in a "try me" kit (by Shawn) and would not purchase that mascara again.  JMO

@Daysdee, I ordered that same kit with Shawn's favorites and that Doll 10 mascara is a huge disappointment to me.  And of course it was one of the full size items.  I'll use it but it's not something I'd buy on it's own.  I'm also not crazy about the Nude Stix product either.  I'm not sure if the colors were mixed or if every kit came with the same color but I'm not crazy about the color.  I'm also not sure what to do with the coconut oil.  LOL

I had previously ordered Sandra's favorites and I think I like that better.      

Trusted Contributor

I have this TSV and just don't understand the glitter reviews. I just don't see glitter or sparkle on my face, in any light, indoors or outdoors, at any time! when I wear the illumination cc. Also I find it applies more easily than the regular.

Maybe my product is from a different batch! Who knows. But I'm glad I bought it on AD!

Super Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

I have this TSV and just don't understand the glitter reviews. I just don't see glitter or sparkle on my face, in any light, indoors or outdoors, at any time! when I wear the illumination cc. Also I find it applies more easily than the regular.

Maybe my product is from a different batch! Who knows. But I'm glad I bought it on AD!

I love the tsv and cc illumination too! I actually prefer the cc illumination. The shade is a better match and it feels great on my skin. I have 2 friends that wear the illuminnation version and I think their skin looks beautiful when they're wearing it. 

Respected Contributor

I think for some reason, only about 2 out of 3 people can see the glitter. I can, but I am very near-sighted. DH and DS can't see it on me which astounds me. If you want another way to tell, apply it to your face as you would wear it. Then take a piece of smooth, dark fabric like a pillowcase or dress-shirt, and rub it gently against your face so your makeup transfers (which it will). Now go look close up, preferably outside or under a strong light. If you don't see a fine layer of glitter, I give up.

I think the TSV is even glitterier than the previous Illumination CC. The chunks seem larger and looser. If you wear it in a thick layer it will be less apparent because it's still suspended in the other ingredients. Once it absorbs, what's left is shimmer.

Respected Contributor

@Wricardos wrote:

I ordered the tsv and I just cancelled the auto delivery.  I had the original CC and loved it thinking this would be fine with "no sparkle or shine" .. well there is!  I'm 68 yrs and I do not need any shine or pearling on my face, if I hadn't already thrown all boxes and wrappings away I'd be sending this back.  Maybe I can put a finishing powder on top.  

I guess I learned my lesson ... don't believe everything you hear.

very true, I believed her too when she said no sparkle, shine or glitter well, guess we both found out and will be more careful.  good luck with a powder. I have dry mature skin and can't use anything powder so sure hope it works for you so not all is lost.