Respected Contributor

You missed my posted warnings - you are correct - you can't see it unless you are in the sun or in bright lights - I was shocked when I got in the car one day and looked in the rearview mirror - sparkles all over my face!  Awful stuff - oh, but it's not glittery as they say - no IT'S SPARKLY!

Respected Contributor

The other people who bought it just haven't realized it yet and their friends are too afraid to say "Oh, your face looks like you've been decorating a sparkly Christmas tree all day".  It's just frightening to think these women are all walking around like this.

Trusted Contributor

Re: RETURNED MY IT TSV

[ Edited ]

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

You missed my posted warnings - you are correct - you can't see it unless you are in the sun or in bright lights - I was shocked when I got in the car one day and looked in the rearview mirror - sparkles all over my face!  Awful stuff - oh, but it's not glittery as they say - no IT'S SPARKLY!

I agree.  My skin looks fine in my bathroom lighting, but sparkely outdoors.  Now that spring is approaching and the days are light longer, I would never wear this product outside of my home lol.  

I did not purchase the TSV because I had fortunately been sent a sample if I tried and knew that it looked like I put highlighter all over my face, which is soemthgin I would never do.

Valued Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Was this a repeat of an IT TSV they did a while back?  Because I got that one (first time trying the brand) and back it went straight away.  The Je Ne Sais Quoi didn't even show up on my lips and the cream absolutely did have glitter in it.  I couldn't wash it off fast enough and it took ages to get all the little bits of glitter off my skin.

I returned it at my own expense, but I've never been tempted to order another thing from that line.

It absolutely looks like a rerun of the TSV I ordered awhile back - same brush even! Slightly different lip product since they added a soft rose tint. I ended up keeping mine out of sheer laziness - which is probably what they bank on - but I've learned to make the illumination foundation work if used with a sheer setting powder. It really is necessary to cut the sparkle a bit because it is a bit much - and this is coming from someone who really doesnt mind sparkle and highlights etc. it's just toooooo much! I can't imagine anyone over 50 liking this at all. It is DEFINITELY sparkly. I don't see how they even get away with saying it isn't. It's like - they know people dont like sparkles so they dont want to admit there are sparkles.... so how about not making it with sparkles in the first place? This isnt rocket science.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

The other people who bought it just haven't realized it yet and their friends are too afraid to say "Oh, your face looks like you've been decorating a sparkly Christmas tree all day".  It's just frightening to think these women are all walking around like this.

People aren't stupid. 

I have used this foundation in the past and I was on the lookout for all the sparkle and glitter.  When I saw none in my mirror I figured I'd see it in bright light.  Went out on my back deck in sunshine.  Nope.  No glitter and no sparkle.

Wore it all day and as I was driving, I looked in my rearview mirror several times because this is where I often notice things I don't notice elsewhere.  Again, still no glitter and still no sparkle.  And I'm one that hates all that highlighting/strobing that people do.   

There was nothing frightening about my look as I walked around all day.  Trust me.  My husband has no qualms about saying something looks off.  When I tried out the BE bronzer, in a very short amount of time, my DH told me my face looked orange and shiney.  When I tried a new brow pencil that was too dark for me, he asked me what I did to my eyebrows because it looked like they were painted on.  When I tried white polish on my toenails he told me I looked like I polished my toes with whiteout.  So trust me, if my face had been glitterly, sparkly or silver looking, he would have told me.      

Contributor

I really liked the TSV but only use one pump of it and really blended it in. I also applied a light dusting of a sheer powder. Sometimes things just don't work on some, it could be the application, the amount, skin tones, etc. sorry to hear it didn't work for so many!

I've been scheduling pick ups with USPS for returns now because I get lazy about going to the post office. It's still a pain cost wise!

Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure where the disco ball is coming from. I have used this and I have not seen anything. Maybe your using to much.

Respected Contributor

I was curious about how glittery it was so I recently went into Ulta and applied it to my hand.  In the store it looked lovely - not glittery at all.  However, when I stepped out into the natural light OMG - it WAS VERY glittery.  Glad I didn't purchase it when it was the TSV.

Respected Contributor

The IT tsv's are sorta like the QVC programming. Nothing new. I have not even come close to wanting to order an IT tsv for a long while. 

Super Contributor

Its like a glitter bomb exploded on your face. Not attractive on young or old faces.