Respected Contributor

I use and love both Doll(won't repurchase) and the IT original CC which I just got about 3 or 4 months ago in the super size. I had tried it before, didn't care for when it first came out.

Either it changed or my skin changed but I now love it.  I wanted to try the illunating one so got this latest TSV, WOW, I look like a Christmas ornament. Not only did hubby comment but when we went out to eat our server asked if I had been decorating, why I said, can see the glitter all over your face, you really sparkle with glitter.

I have dry mature skin and I looked terrible, so much glitter you can't possibly imagine.

I was tempted to keep it just for the brush since I hated losing $10 but being I don't like waterproof mascara and the lipstick was sort of mauve/purple on me(not a nice color). I have pale lips if that makes a difference?  I decided to return.

I am on AD for the supersize in the IT original CC so will stick with that. If I didn't like this IT so much I would get the Doll TSV since I got it last year and did like it bit now I like this IT better.

I just can't believe I am the only one that all the glitter shows up on?

Honored Contributor

I would try IT but not the illumination.    I am 63 and I don't need to "glow".   

Less is more at my age.   

@doglover3 wrote:

I use and love both Doll(won't repurchase) and the IT original CC which I just got about 3 or 4 months ago in the super size. I had tried it before, didn't care for when it first came out.

Either it changed or my skin changed but I now love it.  I wanted to try the illunating one so got this latest TSV, WOW, I look like a Christmas ornament. Not only did hubby comment but when we went out to eat our server asked if I had been decorating, why I said, can see the glitter all over your face, you really sparkle with glitter.

I have dry mature skin and I looked terrible, so much glitter you can't possibly imagine.

I was tempted to keep it just for the brush since I hated losing $10 but being I don't like waterproof mascara and the lipstick was sort of mauve/purple on me(not a nice color). I have pale lips if that makes a difference?  I decided to return.

I am on AD for the supersize in the IT original CC so will stick with that. If I didn't like this IT so much I would get the Doll TSV since I got it last year and did like it bit now I like this IT better.

I just can't believe I am the only one that all the glitter shows up on?

Occasional Contributor

You are definitely not alone.  So disappointing after they specified illumination, no glitter.  Also thought the mascara was nothing special and the lipstick barely showed up on me. My coloring is light/medium.  It is more like a lip balm.  On the way back to the Q.

Respected Contributor

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY who is returning this because of the obvious sparkles/glitter/whatever you want to call that stuff should have to pay return postage because QVC stated in print in the "Insider" and online that it DOESN'T HAVE GLITTER OR SHIMMER, while clearly it does. That's called misrepresentation. AFAIC, the product that they deliver is defective because it DOES contain glitter/sparkles, and you shouldn't have to pay return postage on a defective item.

Here's the current copy for A266440, Illumination Cream and Brush:

"What is it: CC+ Illumination Cream from IT Cosmetics is your complete skin care, SPF 50+ sun protection, and full-coverage foundation with a subtle touch of luminosity and radiance. Infused with antiaging ingredients including hyaluronic acid, peptides, hydrolyzed collagen, and silk, CC+ Illumination Cream gives you that light and je ne sais quoi of beautiful skin without using glitter or shimmer. It's paired with the Heavenly Luxe Plush Paddle Brush, so you can airbrush this skin-loving cream onto your skin in an instant!"

This is obviously untrue. I would agitate to get my return postage refunded, or at least credited. I wish I'd done this when I return last summer's TSV for the same reason, and cancelled the A/D.

Respected Contributor

I'm guessing you missed the multiple reviews on this board about the illuminating CC cream. Pages of people saying it is glittery, silver cast etc.  IT knows it but I bet they are trying to dump their stock under the guise of a tsv. 

Honored Contributor

Was this a repeat of an IT TSV they did a while back?  Because I got that one (first time trying the brand) and back it went straight away.  The Je Ne Sais Quoi didn't even show up on my lips and the cream absolutely did have glitter in it.  I couldn't wash it off fast enough and it took ages to get all the little bits of glitter off my skin.

I returned it at my own expense, but I've never been tempted to order another thing from that line.

Honored Contributor

Hopefully, they haven't changed the formula since it'll actually be awhile before I get to it and it won't be returnable.  But, I'm one of the few that sees no glitter/shimmer.  I have looked for it in different lights and using my magnifying mirror and don't see it.  I do mix mine with Tarte BB cream or foundation, so maybe that's the differnence.  I also do a very light application.  I don't need coverage, just even out the skin tones.

I, too, was disapointed in the lippie.  I always thought I had pale lips, but this stuff doesn't show up at all on them.  I'll just use it like a lip balm I guess.  So far the mascara is fine.   I'm really a Lancome Defincils girl, bu since I was just finishing up a tube might as well use this one.  It wasn't particularly clumpy, at least yet.  And I do have and use a lash comb, so maybe it will be fine.  

Not sure about the best use for the brush.  It doesn't look like a foundation brush and I don't use those anyways, prefering a sponge or my fingers depending on what I'm doing.

Honored Contributor

I put some on the back of my hand and immediately noticed that it looked pearlized.  I don't want that look on my daytime face.  It doesn't look natural.   I can't imagine why they took a good product and ruined it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Hopefully, they haven't changed the formula since it'll actually be awhile before I get to it and it won't be returnable.  But, I'm one of the few that sees no glitter/shimmer.  I have looked for it in different lights and using my magnifying mirror and don't see it.  I do mix mine with Tarte BB cream or foundation, so maybe that's the differnence.  I also do a very light application.  I don't need coverage, just even out the skin tones.

I, too, was disapointed in the lippie.  I always thought I had pale lips, but this stuff doesn't show up at all on them.  I'll just use it like a lip balm I guess.  So far the mascara is fine.   I'm really a Lancome Defincils girl, bu since I was just finishing up a tube might as well use this one.  It wasn't particularly clumpy, at least yet.  And I do have and use a lash comb, so maybe it will be fine.  

Not sure about the best use for the brush.  It doesn't look like a foundation brush and I don't use those anyways, prefering a sponge or my fingers depending on what I'm doing.

I love this CC formula.  If I look closely in my 15 X mirror, then I can see a bit of shimmer.  In a 1x mirror my complexion looks great!  I don't use a lot of the CC illumination and blend it well.  Also, I use a bit of setting HD powder on my forehead.

I like the mascara, love the brush, and I think the lip treatment is fine for everyday use.  

Esteemed Contributor

That IT TSV with the illuminating CC cream is also going to be the Today's Showstopper in Canada on TSC this upcoming Saturday. Yet another boring day as they sell this along with upsells. I do not want sparkle, glitter, illumination, or whatever you want to call it in my foundation. 

Have you ever looked in a mirror in daylight after using a founfation or concealer with sparkle? It's not flattering at all.

The Shopping Channel now simply copies QVC when it comes to selling those IT makeup kits and L'Oreal certainly has raised their prices for IT Cosmetics. This will be a big pass for me.