Contributor

RETINOL PRODUCT BEFORE OTHER PRODUCTS?

I know you're supposed to apply serums from thin to thick.  However, I was wondering if that applies to retinol also or if a retinol creamy serum (Avon Line Eraser) should be applied first before I apply Peter Thomas Roth Neuroliquid which is kind of watery.  Thank you for any advice you can give me.

WOMEN ARE NOT MEN'S PROPERTY!
Honored Contributor

Re: RETINOL PRODUCT BEFORE OTHER PRODUCTS?

@Mystical wrote:

I know you're supposed to apply serums from thin to thick.  However, I was wondering if that applies to retinol also or if a retinol creamy serum (Avon Line Eraser) should be applied first before I apply Peter Thomas Roth Neuroliquid which is kind of watery.  Thank you for any advice you can give me.

I would not use the neuroliquid with retinol fusion pm.  I'd use neuroliquid with the unwrinkle cream. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

I use prescription Retin A at night and I don't use anything else under or over it. Since it is a strong cream, I don't mix anything with it. During the day I use a serum or moisturizer. With a non-prescription retinol I don't know if you could/should anything else. Hope this helps some. 

Valued Contributor

I apply retinol product to clean dry skin. I wait an hour or two then add other products.
You can do whatever works for your skin. Some people use retinol products alone or add other products. Just experiment and see what works for you.
Contributor

Thank you so much, ladies.  Maybe I will try just using the Avon Line Eraser by itself. 

WOMEN ARE NOT MEN'S PROPERTY!