Honored Contributor

Re: RESOLTION: FINALLY TOSSED NO MORE "GO TOS"

No, I recently went thorough my cabinet underneath my vanity and re-organized and threw some stuff out to make room for my new mirror, mostly hair stuff.  That's when I normally throw stuff out, when I'm organizing or making room.

I've never been a fan of toners.  I have a couple that came as part of a kit, but hate to throw them out.  Would like to give them to someone.  I recently got the Dr. Nassif pads that so many here love thinking of them more of an exfoliant rather than a toner, but I'm not liking it.  It seems a little sticky and I'm not seeing anything different, so I'm going to discontinue the AD.  That's sort of a way of decluttering.  

I do have a couple of foundations I need to throw out.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: RESOLUTION: FINALLY TOSSED NO MORE "GO TOS"

I just did that last week. I tossed out old eyeshadows that were too shimmery or didn't deposit enough color, old fave creams, lipsticks, blushes, loose powder (what a mess they make) and face washes I no longer use. I'm switching to eye crayon colors rather than powder eyeshadow. 

Valued Contributor

My first makeup purge shall be eyeliners, which I just corralled and will toss out the "excess" as soon as I log off here and head out to the kitchen to make more coffee.

Grand total eyeliners: 21. Was I expecting a future supply chain issue, or what?

Thanks for this @ShanusNext up today: foundations.

Honored Contributor

You must get items for free,or lower cost from companies.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus This is what I figured out for me a long time ago.  It's my experience only.  Years ago I came to the conclusion that makeup and skin care was a hobby if I bought more than I NEED.  Not want, not think will be a miracle, not "would love to have", not "might look better" but NEED. 

And if I bought as a hobby, I most likely would always have clutter because I could say to myself oh I NEED that when I really didn't.  

I decided it was a hobby and I would have to make a rational decision about the amount of money and space I wanted devote to it.  So I decided there are more fun hobbies and real needs I wanted to devote space, time and money to.  It cut WAY down on the clutter.

Honored Contributor

I usually toss things when I first use them and don't like them. In the trash they go right away.

Throw Toss GIF - Throw Toss Paper - Discover & Share GIFs

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  ....and sometimes that does add up to more clutter.

Honored Contributor

@cjm61   I feel better, if even a stay home home day, I apply a bit of tinted moisturizer, blush and lip gloss. I have no color without a little something after my skincare.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tend to toss as I go.  Occasionally I will do a return.  

I have enjoyed makeup since I was a teen, so I almost always put on light coverage foundation, blush, lip color, mascara and a one-and-done cream eyeshadow. 

Honored Contributor

I own only a few beauty and skincare items (maybe 12 total of all skincare and makeup) so nothing to declutter.