Honored Contributor

RESOLUTION: FINALLY TOSSED NO MORE "GO TOS"

[ Edited ]

There have been some makeup items and skincare I've held onto during every declutter thinking they are "maybe some day".

I just tossed my toners...haven't used them and think the ones with serums aren't as active as serum ingredients that stay on my skin, not wiped away with a cotton pad. Also an extra step in my routine. 

Lighterweight moisturizers are also gone. I need a heavier one and they were taking up space. 

Makeup: bronzers that looked muddy or too obvious went in the trash, as well as, lipsticks that were too dark or drying. Lip glosses that were sticky or the wrong shade or too opaque were sorted through and tossed.

Shadow palettes that were huge and I only used several shades...out.

Have you made a New Year's declutter?

Honored Contributor

Re: RESOLUTION: FINALLY TOSSED NO MORE "GO TOS"

@Shanus - That's great!  Feels good to declutter.  Need to do a more extensive declutter than I did a couple months ago but not quite ready yet.  LOL

Super Contributor

Re: RESOLTION: FINALLY TOSSED NO MORE "GO TOS"

I hear ya'!  Need to get more strict on what to keep and what to toss.  (Keep thinking about the $ spent!).  Your post encouraged me to do better.  Gotta finish de-decorating and storing holiday items.  Still watching my tree sparkle.  Time to let go and move on!  Happy 2023 to all.

Honored Contributor

I need to do more of that  myself--especially lipsticks---and just stuff I've crammed under my bathroom sink, just to get them out of sight. But I did declutter my bedroom----am in a wheelchair, and walker as I broke my ankle in Oct and things were closing in on my path around my bed making it an accident waiting to happen. Now have room to roll! 

Honored Contributor

@1 DancinQueen   My Hanukkah tree is still twinkling away, too. It stays up until almost the end of Jan. I love the lights in the evening.

I always figure as far as decluttering, the money's been spent and cannot get it back, but I can make the things I use often easier to spot quickly.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl   AWH, if you posted this, I missed it. Please take care and heal soon.

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl I have a lot of lipsticks too that I need to go through.  I have alot but always pick up a new one that I find... LOL    

Hope your recovery is going well too!

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't de-cluttered makeup or skin products. A couple years ago I threw away an Elf color corrector and a lip gloss that didn't work for me.  Otherwise, I use everything I ordered and don't overstock products. If I won't get any use out of a product, I don't buy it. 

I've been lucky in that the products I have match and work for me. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the good wishes--yes, am recovering---a very S---L---O---W--process. Have p/t 2x a week now. Drives me insane to not be able to just ---go!! It's my right foot, so no driving and am on the 2nd floor so the stairs are my arch nemesis!!Woman Frustrated 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I applaud you @Shanus . I so need to do this as well. Before retiring a few months ago, I woke up and went through a whole ritual, cleansing, serums, primer, then makeup, lightly done but done nonetheless. I was complimented many times on how my clothing was put together with matching makeup. If I wore green I had a green tinted eyeshadow, wearing purple a mauve eyeshadow, etc. Well, in my "dreams' I thought when I retired I would still get up and put a little makeup on. Haha, nope. I cleanse and moisturize then off to my workouts. I have put makeup on only when going to an event. 

I really need to go through my makeup as well but if I do I feel like it's removing a part of myself that I was proud of. Make sense? I will keep some but you have definitely put it in my head I need to go through my makeup drawer, both makeup drawers. Woman Happy