Honored Contributor

Re: REPORT: BACK FROM CHARLOTTE

@Shanus @Well the experience wasn’t what you hoped for but it still sounds like you had a good time.?You put a lot of thought into this and you have a design talent so it would make sense to me if you were a color consultant to a line especially for mature women....we have shopping time and more available funds at this point in our lives.Thanks for taking the time to get back to us and writing such an interesting piece.

I love the way you eat...LoL

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  Thank you, Shanus.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Shanus @Well the experience wasn’t what you hoped for but it still sounds like you had a good time.?You put a lot of thought into this and you have a design talent so it would make sense to me if you were a color consultant to a line especially for mature women....we have shopping time and more available funds at this point in our lives.Thanks for taking the time to get back to us and writing such an interesting piece.

I love the way you eat...LoL

@dex   You’re sweet. If I were 15 yrs. younger, a makeup line for over 40 would be fun (& sorely needed). It’s been done. Lauren Hutton on HSN had a wheel of makeup w/ colored circles to demo where to apply, IT does anti-aging shadows and concealers, and so do other lines, but no specific makeup for us.

The issue is that younger women are attached to YouTube makeup...that’s where the money is and that’s not the looks for us. 

If you notice, stores, Q and ads only appeal to us when it comes to preventing wrinkles, sagging, etc. Fine example is yesterday’s TSV. Few lines consider colors. Eve Pearl, Edward Bess do address the aging face, but if you follow YouTube mua, those are never mentioned. 

Honored Contributor

@kze wrote:

@Shanus  Thank you, Shanus.

@kze   🌸

Valued Contributor

@Shanus  Thanks for the report, but I’m also disappointed.   Doesn’t sound like anything will be too compelling this season.  I guess i’ll keep looking at the Trish mcevoy Instagram for inspiration.  

I think you should curate a makeup line for us middle aged ladies!  

PS your dinner sounds wonderdul, I think I’ll run to the market and pick up some steak!

Honored Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:

@Shanus  Thanks for the report, but I’m also disappointed.   Doesn’t sound like anything will be too compelling this season.  I guess i’ll keep looking at the Trish mcevoy Instagram for inspiration.  

I think you should curate a makeup line for us middle aged ladies!  

PS your dinner sounds wonderdul, I think I’ll run to the market and pick up some steak!

@Fluke67   No makeup lines for me, but think I’ve given lots of product recommendations here. After seeing available shadow palettes, will be purchasing singles, for sure or staying w/ drugstore palettes. Be sure to do some sautéed mushrooms in red wine. Yummy!!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

It sound's as if

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@persiflage wrote:

It sound's as if this event wasn't coordinated with the cosmetic companies.  I worked for a large cosmetic company from the late 1970's through the early 2000's.  Presentations of upcoming promotions were made to corporate buyers and orders placed at least 2 quarters ahead of on counter dates, field representatives were out selling to their accounts at that time as well.  When we had "schools" for a new launch, product training or Christmas items samples of product were sent ahead of the event,  sometimes a new product sample is very limited and has to be overnighted to the location of the event, then sent on to the next.

Color cosmetics are fashion so for a trend to saturate the market usually isn't immediate.  We had a great 2 page ad in Life magazine for their 50th anniversary issue.  This ad had an image of our color promotions for each of those 50 years, it was really a fabulous commentary on women's fashion and the lives of women through time.

@persiflage   Your events and promotions sound perfectly planned. This was several curious makeup artists on an outing to Charlotte. We were too early for Holiday presentations, but I can tell by the fashion colors in NY Fashion Week, we’re not headed for big cosmetic color changes anyway. We’ll probably go to NY in Nov. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

Sounds interesting.  Was this a beauty covention of some kind?  Too bad there wasn't more offered for the mature woman.  Just wondering why Charlotte?  What was there?

Good morning @haddon9. No convention, just 3 curious makeup artists from my area wanting to see what’s happening in a bigger city in a high end dept. store. Of course, we made advance arrangements w/ NM so they knew we were coming, but freelance makeup artists are like a sorority...always willing to share the new and shiny and give samples and makeovers on eachother. Mature women? As stated, it was never before more obvious to me that we’ve been overlooked in the beauty industry. Don’t worry. Complaint emails go out from me this week. 

@Shanus   Good!  Maybe if they hear that enough women who are mature and have the money which they are willing to spend the powers that be might decide to offer a better selection next year.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  Thank you for all your work and your report.  Greatly appreciated.  Where are you headed next?  I'm kind of surprised no one knew what the holiday specials would be.  My sister adores eyeshadow and I adore lipsticks.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.  Again, thank you for sharing.