Respected Contributor

REPLACEMENT FOR GEL POWDER ACRYLIC NAILS??

Just wondering if there's anything else other than the acrylic gel powder manicure.   I was getting the type that gets brushed on, then smoothed down with a special tool.  I liked it alot, held up very well and made my nails look nice.  Only negative, my nails grow out so fast, so I was needing a fill quite soon.  I recently took it all off, and I'd like to hear what else is just as good?

Regular manicures dont hold up on my nails.  I also tried Sally Hansen filler, and or treatments...nothing lasts.

Any suggestions?

Frequent Contributor

Re: REPLACEMENT FOR GEL POWDER ACRYLIC NAILS??

@ Dazlin:   Have you tried SNS Nails?  Very popular here in Atlanta.  Much more healthier for your nails.

THE INVENTION OF DIPPING POWDERS:

In 1990, the company introduced a breakthrough innovation: SNS Dipping Powders. With the powders came a base that is packed with nutrients —vitamins A, E, D, E and B5, plus calcium. The effect is dramatic. Instead of causing harm to the nail bed, every use of the new formula actually improves its health!

As for everyday wear, the nails become super-strong, with a durable surface that lasts a full two weeks.  Health is half the story. The other half is beauty. SNS launched a growing choice of dazzling colors, all produced in a unique system that gives nails a stunningly rich and radiant surface.

https://snsnails.com/

Respected Contributor

@Pancho wrote:

@ Dazlin:   Have you tried SNS Nails?  Very popular here in Atlanta.  Much more healthier for your nails.

THE INVENTION OF DIPPING POWDERS:

In 1990, the company introduced a breakthrough innovation: SNS Dipping Powders. With the powders came a base that is packed with nutrients —vitamins A, E, D, E and B5, plus calcium. The effect is dramatic. Instead of causing harm to the nail bed, every use of the new formula actually improves its health!

As for everyday wear, the nails become super-strong, with a durable surface that lasts a full two weeks.  Health is half the story. The other half is beauty. SNS launched a growing choice of dazzling colors, all produced in a unique system that gives nails a stunningly rich and radiant surface.

https://snsnails.com/

@Pancho...I'm not sure if I had SNS, but my manicurist last tried one of my nails in a dip powder 2x.   It didnt stick like the acrylic powder, but I'm not sure if it was Sns. 

Would you know if that can filled, or does it have to removed each manicure?  She did say, healthier for the nails.  

Super Contributor

I, too, had acrylics for many years. I just got sick of the time it took every two weeks to get my nails filled. I loved the look of them but I just couldn't handle it anymore. I had them removed and my nails were so thin and damaged. My nails have always been thin and fragile which is why I wore acrylics.

I tried every nail hardener known to man. You name, I tried it. I took supplements for hair and nails: no luck. Someone on this board suggested OPI Nail Envy. With absolutely no expectation of success I gave it a try. I filed my nails very short and applied very thin coats of Nail Envy. I initially used the clear gloss and then found the clear matte which looks like you have nothing on your nails. I like that naked nail look.

Because my nails were short I didn't notice much while they were growing out. I just kept putting that stuff on every two weeks. After about 6 months I noticed that my nails were growing out nicely and were quite hard. All of the damaged part was gone. I now let my nails grow out to about a quarter inch beyond the nail bed. I have had many compliments on my nails. I have been doing this for about 10 years and will never stop. It has stopped the splitting and peeling. I get mine  at Ulta. I bought once from the big A and I think the product was old. It was so thick and "gluey." I threw it out and will try to get when Ulta has a nice coupon deal or a twofer. Good stuff!

Respected Contributor

Another vote for SNS powder.

I stopped gel manicures 2 and half years ago. 

The SNS  manicures don't harm your nails and the color and shine lasts 2 to 3 weeks.  It's soaked off with polish remover, not filed off. You only know you need a manicure when your nail grows out from the base. No chips.  Great colors too. From the lightest nudes to the deepest colors.