Honored Contributor

REDISCOVERED AND LOVED AGAIN MAKEUP

Sometimes while organizing or clearing out my stash, I come across makeup that’s still good, but has been put aside for newer products.

I recently rediscovered and am now using again: Laura Mercier’s Eye Art Artist’s Palette, UD Naked 1 & 2 Basics matte palettes, IT Naturally Pretty Shadow Palette, Laura Geller’s Kajal Liner Pencils and a Trish McEvoy 9 Pan square shadow palette.

Have you found anything that you’ve put back in circulation and are enjoying again?

Trusted Contributor

Re: REDISCOVERED AND LOVED AGAIN MAKEUP

Hi, @Shanus !  

I’ve used a lot of Laura Geller over the years:  Balance and Brighten, Bronze and Brighten, eye palettes and Rimz liners, iCare liners...you get the idea.  I just “rediscovered” her Face-Cheek-Eye palette, which I found at Sak’s Off Fifth for $44, and is perfect for travel.  I love the idea of carrying only one set of face color while I travel although I still need multiple brushes.  Anyway, I’m thinking of reducing my current stash of items to rely on the LG palette.  Pic below.

085968C2-2549-403E-8C1F-369457F19870.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Hi, @Shanus !  

I’ve used a lot of Laura Geller over the years:  Balance and Brighten, Bronze and Brighten, eye palettes and Rimz liners, iCare liners...you get the idea.  I just “rediscovered” her Face-Cheek-Eye palette, which I found at Sak’s Off Fifth for $44, and is perfect for travel.  I love the idea of carrying only one set of face color while I travel although I still need multiple brushes.  Anyway, I’m thinking of reducing my current stash of items to rely on the LG palette.  Pic below.

085968C2-2549-403E-8C1F-369457F19870.jpeg

@MJDinVegas   Sure looks like you’ll have everything you’ll need. Great find! Love eye/face palettes as long as I know ALL the colors are good for me. If there are a few I know I can’t use, I won’t purchase. 

Honored Contributor

Not really but only because I don't save makeup or skincare products that I don't use.  If I buy something new, the old wasn't working so I toss it.  But....I have gone back and bought something that I stopped using.  Sometimes I move onto something new because the sales pitch pulls me in.  After a while, I realize that the older product was working just fine or better than the shiny new thing  and go back to it.  I recently returned to a couple of SCA products.  

Esteemed Contributor

Wellll..... if I find something back in the deep reaches of my makeup drawer, I assume it's expired or too old to use so I throw it out.   Besides, if I'd forgotten about it and didn't miss it, then I probably didn't like it anyway.   

However, if I ever find that Skinn wallet-type, full makeup pallet that I used to take traveling, I'd definitely dust if off and use it again.  I can't find it anywhere - every color was a winner.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Wellll..... if I find something back in the deep reaches of my makeup drawer, I assume it's expired or too old to use so I throw it out.   Besides, if I'd forgotten about it and didn't miss it, then I probably didn't like it anyway.   

However, if I ever find that Skinn wallet-type, full makeup pallet that I used to take traveling, I'd definitely dust if off and use it again.  I can't find it anywhere - every color was a winner.

@tototwo   I was programming my DVR and thought I saw Skinn shows coming up on HSN.

Trusted Contributor

I recenlty came across my Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Nectar.  I'm not sure why I stopped using it!  For my fair skin, I use it as a blush and highlighter.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, Smashbox Halo and 2 of Mally's early eyeshadow palettes. I haven't worn eyeshadow in years, but I love these, and if I do get tired of wearing eyeshadow, I will pass them down to my daughter who loves shadows...

The two that I re-discovered are a Taupe Palette and a Central Park green palette........

Respected Contributor

I do this with skincare. For one reason or another, I get bored with things even if they work well. So I switch my routine and then I go back to what I had before and I'm like wow, this is great!  So essentially I rotate my beauty routines every so often.  With makeup I'm kind of the opposite.  I'll be really hot on some lipstick or blush, and then I stop using it, and then later I'm like, what did I think was so great about this?  Don't ask me why but that's what happens much of the time.  I have some Doris Dalton lipsticks that I'm contemplating chucking as they fall into this category. I used to love Nars orgasm lip gloss but now I can't stand it.  Go figure!

Trusted Contributor

I recently "rediscovered" Smashbox's color-booster powder, dispensed in the same delivery system as their halo compact (turn and dispense a fresh amount each time).  I LOVED this and am not quite sure why I stopped using it.  It does precisely what the name of it describes - not a bronzer, nor a blush - just an all-over, NO SHIMMER, color booster.  Love it!