Frequent Contributor

Re: RED Lipstick Suggestion ...Please

Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Wine With Everything (pearl)

Valued Contributor

KoKo -. what a coincidence! I, too, was thinking about doing a red lip for my office Christmas party, but I'm the opposite of you--looking for a warmer tone and matte. Smiley Wink It looks like some of the recs you received are pretty.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LeoGrl wrote:
KoKo -. what a coincidence! I, too, was thinking about doing a red lip for my office Christmas party, but I'm the opposite of you-looking for a warmer tone and matte-. Smiley Wink It looks like some of the recs you received are pretty.

@LeoGrl,

I just went to Wal-Mart to the Milani lipstick display today.  I too, like to wear warm reds to compliment my warm skin tone.  I was looking for the "Confident" matte shade they were out of that you might like, that is if you can find it.  Since I did not, I ended up with a shade called, "Best Red" and it is a true red and a Christmas red, imo.  I've not tried it yet, but it should be just fine for both of us. 

Respected Contributor

I suggest MAC Mahogany Lip  Pencil Liner filled in with MAC Bronze Shimmer -- a beautiful red results.  I have had many compliments on this duo.

Super Contributor

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE SUGGESTIONS, REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

Valued Contributor

I am like you, I never wear really dark lipstick. I had gotten a bubble pack sample of Rouge Dior lipsticks and I wore the iconic red 999 one year at a charity Christmas party. While I don't have any suggestions for drugstore colors, here are some tips for Christmas Day:

1. I wore very little makeup on the rest of my face, and hardly made up my eyes at all. Just foundation, concealer, a light sweep of blush and mascara. I think I did swipe a very, subtle, light beige shimmer on my lids, but not up into my brow bone, and no dark shadow in my crease or eyeliner. The lipstick was the focus. 

2. I would strongly suggest getting a clear lip pencil along with your new lippie. I think Maybelline carries one. I also use Sephora's brand (inexpensive) and you can order it on their website. 

3. Carry a mirror. This is one color you just can't swipe on without looking. Carry a pocket pack of tissues. You will need to blot, especially before you eat. The host or hostess (if you are going to someone else's for Christmas) will appreciate not having to deal with cleaning red lipstick stains out of their good napkins!

4. Have fun and enjoy the Holidays!

Trusted Contributor

Mac----Ruby Woo Is a beautiful shade in my opinion>

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

Mac Ruby Woo--agree with Barbie.

Wonderland is a pinky red from Urban Decay--very pretty

Crimson from Clinique pretty as well as Cherry Pop from Clinique. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Good4u - There are two CVS stores near me that carry Milani. I'm going to look for that shade. Thanks for the recommendation!
Frequent Contributor

Bobbi Brown has a lipuid lipstick that has one red one.  I received a sample and I love it. It is blue based and makes my teeth glow!