Respected Contributor

@monicakm  I cannot wear orange/coral either, but the cashier looked lovely. You know, a supermarket checkout line is one of the few places where you can get a good look at someone's clothes/makeup/hair without being conspicuous. Maybe that's why they call it "check out."

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I'm fairly sure this look is mainly editorial. Not only would it be tough to pull off, but also not complimentary with today's more natural looks in makeup. 

Respected Contributor

@monicakm That pink is gorgeous.

After getting Firewerk, I didn't like the silver shimmer in it, so I didn't look at the others, but the base color is beautiful!

Esteemed Contributor

Variety is the spice of life!  If some ladies like it.... OK.  But a big "no" for me.

Back in my 20's I got a free makeover at a Merle Norman store.   The MN lady applied  shades of burgundy red eye shadows on me.  I looked like I'd been crying or had some awful eye disease.  Ick.  I couldn't wait to get home and wash it all off!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Yes, I  was just saying that picture is what I would think of when I think "red eyeshadow".

Honored Contributor

What's the name of this shade?  Pestilence?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Frequent Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Yes, I'm starting to see red eyeshadow pop up on You Tube and on HSN (Lancome).  Now, I don't shy away from bright colors,  applied artfully, but RED?

This is the vibe I get when I think of red eyeshadow LOL

Safe Eye Makeup: Is Your New Eyeshadow Actually 'Eye-Safe'? | SELF

Red eye shadow makes me think of Kabuki performers.  On them it looks good.

Respected Contributor

OMG that photo makes my eyes hurt, she looks like she's in pain!