Honored Contributor

Re: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOUTUBE MAKEUP ARTISTS TO FOLLOW?

@Poodlepet2. Thanks for taking time to reply w/ your findings. Will check it out.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus

Hi!

Well, I do fall into that 40 yo category. Thanks for lumping me in with those teens and 20 somethings! Woot! Heart lol

Joking aside, here are 2 YT makeup gurus who I do not believe have been mentioned. They are both very good at makeup application, and have hilarious pesonalities. So FUN to watch!

Stung by Samantha

"I'm not trying to be fancy....I'm just trying to get out of the house."   Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AsSGWmt9WY

She had me right from the get go. She is in her late 40s, but does not do crazy makeup. She looks extremely young for her age, and is more my style (a little edgy, hip in her look, vs the next YT makeup guru, below).

Monique Parent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXzi2H9laDU

She, to me, appears older than her 51 yrs of age. I think it is due to the silver hair.  It is beautiful, and her facial structure is exquisite, but I see her more as a stately type of elegant beauty, vs Samantha's more youthful prettiness. JMO. Nonetheless, Monique, once made up, is quite stunning! And as with Samantha, she has such an engaging personality.  She has a very biting sense of humor, lol. Her makeup techniques are wonderful. 

HTH

Trusted Contributor

@ShanusMaybe not what you are looking for but I like "Musings of a Muse".

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Wannabeincali! These ladies sound as if they are right up my ally! 

I get tired of the beautiful little girls with flawless skin and youth on their side making their perfect skin....more perfect!

I love the concept of "I'm just trying to get out the door": working or not, I think that's something we could all use!

Poodlepet2

New Contributor

Two of my favorite 40+ youtubers are Jenifer Jenkins, Mascara to Midnight and Georgia Sunshine

Over 50+ KarenReneBeauty