Regular Contributor

Re: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOUTUBE MAKEUP ARTISTS TO FOLLOW?

Another vote for HOT N FLASHY!! She is honest,though and In her early 50's. You could never tell...she's beautiful. She does great look books every season too. Love all the other suggestions. I'll have to check them out too.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I've been following Hannah Martin (BB's artist from U.K.) & Wayne Goss, but interested in others who maybe have ideas for not the teen-30/40 year olds.

Suggestions?

I really like serein wu!! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Many on this list are not Make-Up artists, but all are 50+ and have skincare, makeup, and tutorials that are great!  I've learned a great deal from these lovely ladies on Youtube.

Melissa55

Dominique Sachse

SugarPuffAndFluff

Younique by Melissa

Uppiebeads59

MsKristinn321

Monika McGillicuddy

Stephanie Marie

MaryEllen60

Respected Contributor

Shanus, you would love Katie of "Beauty and the Boutique". She is a MU artist and sells cosmetics, but she has great videos that uses a minimum of products. I am following the "less is more" approach.

I think anybody would love her tips: you don't have to purchase her products (she collaborated with Daniel Sandler on a few and carries some of his products). I have to say I love this Veil concealer though-especially for minimizing darkness under eyes.

The more I watch Wayne Goss, the more I love him because as a human, he has the same insecurities we do and verbalize them. He is a problem solver and cuts through swap about lighting and what cameras do...and he is such a fine person. He really is helping me to understand myself more-which sounds crazy....but there is always sweet relief in finding out you aren't the only one who feels a certain way....I know-I sound crazy!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

PS: if you are up for it, a Shanus Live Report from the Cosmetics Counter could be fun....

Respected Contributor

Hi Shanus... Asian Skincare/ oils & serums...check out Gothamista!  Many good reco's for you by the ladies in way of makeup...As far as foundation, I tend to watch those in my age range with my skintype or close to it.

@Shanus

Honored Contributor

Thanks Ladies for all your suggestions. Have always gone pretty natural w/ makeup, but now older and more pale if possible. May have to brighten lip or add different blush or do a little w/ eyes.... Definitely just 1 not all 3. My hairdresser said when hair is all grey/white (which mine's been for years, but colored), the skin loses it's color as well. I guess that why many older women go "natural" or lighten their hair several shades. 

Anyway, appreciate all replies. 💕

Respected Contributor

@Shanus, check out Charlotte Tilbury's videos. I have a a lot of her makeup and love it.

You have to do some hunting, but she has done older women. There is one look she created in homage to the Queen: it's stunning. I can still wear peaches and light colors, but I literally brighten up with reds on cheeks and lips-and that's Charlotte's trick: it makes older women look vibrant. Also, darker dramatic eye shadows add definition without looking overly made up.

For minimalist, I think these new luminizers/ moisturizers in pink hit the mark for older paper skin: Helen Mirren is a spokesperson for, I believe, L'oreal and their new pink hue moisturizer. It adds life to pale skin and looks natural.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Hi @Poodlepet2. It's always been a "battle" balancing my white skin, green eyes and dark hair. Last year did heavy light highlights...a fiasco!!!! I even tried a shade darker in tinted moisturizer...left ring from jaw to neck...bad look! 

I have looked at Tilbury's website. Seems like more makeup in the looks than I'd ever wear. Also that line not sold anywhere here so can't experiment. 

My beloved BB is heading to a much younger crowd she left the brand (running it). So looking for alternatives.

I've been using NARS luminizing primer which does give life to my skin w/o color.....headed in the direction of Laura Mercier for makeup and all Skinsceuticals for skincare. BB has no anti aging formulas/ingredients in her moisturizers. 

Her day cream has gone up to $99!!!! Crazy!!! 

Respected Contributor

...I love Nars! As we speak, I am awaiting their luminescent as well!  

My challenge has been ordering off the Net: I use my iPad for shopping and seeing colors. I don't "do" cosmetic counters-I gave those up years ago. The heavy perfumes and the ridiculous over the top sales people-wearing every stick of makeup sold by their line was just too much... and then the business to buy what you don't want or need....bah! Humbug!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@Shanus, @Happy Daze and another poster were discussing Korean beauty-and I had to try....it certainly won't bust the bank!

Check out Missha BB on Amazon: they cater to light skin tones. I think it's Number 23 that I use: it is light in texture: you won't be using a full pump. The wacko thing is that on me, it looks grey...and a minute later, the shade matches perfectly. Some people complain the grey stays, but it is amazing.

I have gone crazy with "essence"...Snail-yes,snail essence is amazing...

The new Kose One line that QVC recently introduced? I bought 1/2 pound of membrane masks for under 10 bucks.... I think the Kose One line is marketed towards Westerners, but its all there. At the price their products are offered at, I would say it's equivalent to drug store prices.

Poodlepet2