Trusted Contributor

RECALLED: Josie Maran Argan Oil Face Cream 1.7 oz. jar and 2mL sample packet

I was just checking recalls and found this:  Josie Maran Argan Oil Face Cream 1.7 oz. jar and 2mL sample packet.  

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/enforcement/enforce_rpt-Product-Tabs.cfm?action=select&recall_...

Honored Contributor

Re: RECALLED: Josie Maran Argan Oil Face Cream 1.7 oz. jar and 2mL sample packet

[ Edited ]

@Lovethesea wrote:

I was just checking recalls and found this:  Josie Maran Argan Oil Face Cream 1.7 oz. jar and 2mL sample packet.  

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/enforcement/enforce_rpt-Product-Tabs.cfm?action=select&recall_...

That recall was for a product that never made it to market. It was slated to be in a TSV, then the recall happened and it was never sold. Months later, the Face Butter was released and the FDA has had no issues with it. Some of the samples may have made it into previous orders, but not the jar.

Respected Contributor

Re: RECALLED: Josie Maran Argan Oil Face Cream 1.7 oz. jar and 2mL sample packet

WOW!! Thanks for info.   Good thing I don't use any of her over priced products.

Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Lovethesea wrote:

That recall was for a product that never made it to market. It was slated to be in a TSV, then the recall happened and it was never sold. Months later, the Face Butter was released and the FDA has had no issues with it. Some of the samples may have made it into previous orders, but not the jar.

Good to know, but how did you know?

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Lovethesea wrote:

Actually I believe some people DID get their pre-ordered TSV and got it. I remember people posting about it on here and I think QVC issued them a refund and told them to dispose of the jar.

Valued Contributor

Thank you ChynnaBlue for the update that it is not a recall item. I bought Josie's face cream and love it!!!

Valued Contributor

I did a live chat with a QVC rep. It was SAMPLES sent out in JULY... All is good with Josie's face cream....

Honored Contributor

@Lovethesea wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Lovethesea wrote:

Good to know, but how did you know?

I knew because this recall notice is from August and we were talking about it then. We wondered why the TSV said it contained a Face Cream in the InsideQ Magazine and then did NOT when it went live. That's when the recall notice came up. 

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Lovethesea wrote:

Yes I remember getting the FDA recall (I subscribe to their recalls) in the summer. I read there was bacteria in the new face cream and it Was pulled from her TSV kit. I know they fixed the problem and it is perfectly fine. Thanks for posting here to clear up any confusion.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There was a TSV in August or so that did have a product recalled. I believe QVC told people to throw it out and everyone had their TSV money refunded and kept the other products. I was considering getting that TSV and obviously wished I did. Live and Learn!

Here's the email. It was posted on these boards.

Important Product Recall Notice: Josie Maran Argan Oil Face Cream
If you are having difficulty viewing this email, please click here.
Please add us to your contact list so you don’t miss an email:
customer.care@qvcservices.qvcemail.com

Dear QVC Shopper,

We are writing you today regarding QVC item number A264836 or A270993 (Josie Maran 4 piece collection). Josie Maran Cosmetics, in collaboration with the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, is initiating a voluntary recall of the Argan Oil Face Cream after testing showed certain lots of the product did not meet the company's specifications and standards for preservative efficacy. To date, Josie Maran Cosmetics has not received any reports of adverse events attributable to the potential issue with preservative efficacy.

Please stop using the face cream immediately and dispose of it. You may continue to use the remaining products included in your Josie Maran collection. You will be refunded to your original pay method for the total amount billed. If you have an Auto-Delivery plan, your plan will be cancelled and no future shipments will be sent.

You can obtain additional information on this product recall on QVC's Product Recall Page on-line or call the Josie Maran customer service department at 855-461-6512.

On behalf of QVC, I want to extend our sincere apologies to you for any inconvenience this situation may cause you. If you have any further questions, please call QVC Customer Service at 800-367-9444 between 7a.m. and 1a.m. Eastern Time, seven days a week. Thank you for shopping with QVC.
Sincerely,
Lisa Norden, VP Customer Service & Experience
Refund Amount: $79.65

Argan Oil Skin Indulgences 4 piece set.  Josie Maran Argan Oil Skin Indulgence 4-pc Skincare Auto-Delivery - A272171 — QVC.com

Found the QVC email regarding the recall.