Respected Contributor

Re: RE: Primer for Older Eyes

I use a moisturizer, then Bobbi Brown Bone2 all over the lid. I only do a neutral matte eye, so I follow it with some pale color using Bobbi Brown or Loreal shadows. It lasts all day through exercise and high intensity activities and does not settle. I sometimes use other shadows and I have tried quite a few but the others aren't that good on crepey lids, they're actually aging imo.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I second Urban Decay primer!  I was always hesistant to try it because I remember 1st seeing that brand in Sephora being marketed as a lower end prestige line for teenagers.  I heard so much about their primer that I finally tried it a few years ago and never turned back.  

i have used the original and the shade sin and really like both.  I currently am working through a tube in the sin shade.  Next time ulta has a prestige coupon, I want to try the brigtening version.  I need all the help i can get to make my eye lids look brighter pre-eye shadow. 

Frequent Contributor

I also use the Urban Decay in the original formula.  I have tried many others and this one is the only one that has worked for me.  I have oily eyelids that melts all makeup off my lids and into my sensitive eyes.  It keeps the shadows and liners on my eyes most of the day unless it's 100% humidity and 100 degrees.  I am an older woman with very thin Irish skin that makes my eyelids look purplish.  I sometimes just use the primer.  It is just enough to help with  the discoloration on the eyelids.

Honored Contributor

I use Urban Decay primer every day of my life and my eye makeup stays on till I wash it off. Its fantastic!

FYI Elf products are made in China. Is that what you really want to use on your eyes?

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I am in my late 50's and I finally found a great primer and eye shadow.  Lorac.  This primer works even better than Two Faced primer, which I have used for years.  I bought my Lorac at Nordstrom and not Kohls. 

Valued Contributor

what does elf stand for?

Honored Contributor

I am also usually against buying products made in China, but ELF has come a long way, I always check ingredients, and I have had no problems with their products, and the find the quality to be very good for the money.

Honored Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

what does elf stand for?

Eyes Lips Face

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

ELF was just voted one of the Top 10 budget brands of cosmetics at About Style.com