Trusted Contributor

Sorry, youngjude again.  I forgot to ask the other BIG question about my rosacea.  Mine is accompanied by little tiny "pimple-looking" bumps and red looking broken veins.

Is that a symptom any of you rosacea sufferers deal with?  Those little bumps play havoc with any foundation I've tried as the foundation wants to grab onto to those infuriating things.

Sometimes I'm reminded of when I was young and had a blemish that was impossible to conceal without looking "cakey".

Thanks once again for your consideration.

Valued Contributor

My roseaca is also accompained by those nasty little pimple-like bumps.  At the age of 71, I look like a teenager with acne.  My derm has me on Metrogel and some other stuff but nothing really helps.  I have the same issue when applying foundation so you are not alone.  It sure isn't fun.  Good luck.             docsgirl

Honored Contributor

@Quinny wrote:

Sorry, youngjude again.  I forgot to ask the other BIG question about my rosacea.  Mine is accompanied by little tiny "pimple-looking" bumps and red looking broken veins.

Is that a symptom any of you rosacea sufferers deal with?  Those little bumps play havoc with any foundation I've tried as the foundation wants to grab onto to those infuriating things.

Sometimes I'm reminded of when I was young and had a blemish that was impossible to conceal without looking "cakey".

Thanks once again for your consideration.

@Quinny

Yes, unfortunately!  I had had redness for a very long time.  They kept telling me -- oh, it's because you are so sensitive and fair.  The next thing you know I was getting these red veins, and these blemishes.  I thought --- what's with all the pimples --- I am in my 50's???  I never broke out like that my whole life not even as a teenager!!!  So, finally, I went back and then that's when they started me on the Metrogel.  It has helped.  I know you said that Metrogel did not help.  They have quite a few other things they can try.  If one derm, does not help you, I would suggest going to another.

Another thing that has helped me like I said before --- no foaming face washes or soaps of any kind.  Use fragrance free and more of a creamy type cleanser.  I also use mineral powders on my face.  I think minerals are less irritating to the skin.   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

Yes I get those also. I use almost all Clinique redness solution products. I found that I breakout with almost any kind of oil in a product and I think fragrance can be a problem but not as much as any oil. You may need a round of antibiotics. I did that after that Inam extremely careful about what I put on my face. I am an organic skincare person but had to give that up and use Clinique. All the organics have oil or alcohol which is a problem also. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've read about rosacea and feel bad for those who suffer with this. (My problem is slight in comparison)...but one time I got this terrible burn on my neck (not sunburn, but from an ingredient). The owner of the To Your Health store immediately pointed me in the direction of MSM lotion. In a few days the red was completely gone.

That was several years ago. I used that lotion off & on just as a facial lotion until it was gone. But I want to get back to that store and get another.

I don't know if MSM can assist w/ rosacea; some say it can help w/ acne and acne scars. I'm just throwing this idea out for whoever may be interested.

I've taken MSM supplement for a long time, especially to help w/ joint flexibility because I walk a lot and bike!

Honored Contributor

@Quinny@Harpa@periwinklerocket@AngelPuppy1@docsgirl

Yes-- capillaries yes zits

what helps me: castor oil applied with a qtip 

redness lotion (new)... so far, so good

100% Pure oil-free foundation

faerieorganic minerals foundation and veil

the castor oil heals the blemishes so they can't spread; this is in many cosmetic products-- oddly enough

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Have you tried a powder foundation, like Laura Geller,

or is that not enough coverage for you?

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Quinny@Harpa@periwinklerocket@AngelPuppy1@docsgirl

Yes-- capillaries yes zits

what helps me: castor oil applied with a qtip 

redness lotion (new)... so far, so good

100% Pure oil-free foundation

faerieorganic minerals foundation and veil

the castor oil heals the blemishes so they can't spread; this is in many cosmetic products-- oddly enough

Oh boy castor oil is a major trigger ingredient for my rosacea and I also have redness, pimples, bumps, viens and easily get that sunburned sensation.  I avoid most everything mentiond so far in this thread LOL! All triggers for me....all I can say is be careful and test out products with caution what helps one flares up the other.  

I did low dose 10mg's of accutane yrs back....that cleared up all the bumps/pimples....also I had super greasy oily skin fixed that also.  BUT I still get small infrequent little pimples....nothing like before accutane...I had so many it was quite overwhelming and makeup can't hide all that well.  

Trusted Contributor

The only powder foundation I've tried is PUR MINERALS pressed powder foundation.  The coverage was pretty good, but the powder foundation made me look dry.  Perhaps the Laura Geller is better.  Thank you!