Valued Contributor

RAVE for HIDING LARGE PORES !!!!!!!!!

My skin is fair, normal to slightly dry with a bit of the remains of an oily t-zone from my days years ago of having oily skin.  I like to wear a light foundation.  MUAs kept recommending dewy finishes to brighten my skin, but I have developed large pores as I've aged and moisturising or dewy foundations just accentuated them.  I dont have blackheads or clogged pores, just large pores.  By experimenting I found that after cleansing it worked well if I used a serum and a sunscreen/moiturizer with 30 spf.  Then I apply a foundation that is oil free with a matte finish right on top while my skin is still moist.  VOILA !!!!!  My skin looks natural, the pores are gone and the bit of shine on my nose doesnt appear during the day.  I use a bit of light colored cream blush, right now I'm liking the Nars Orgasm Stick, high on my cheekbones and its just what I need. I can also use certain BB/CC creams with spf30 just over my serum and that works well too.  I find Tarte BB tinted treatment primer or Bobbi Brown BB Cream spf 35 both give me coverage and a matte finish.  So this is what has given me the look and finish I want and keeps my skin looking poreless!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: RAVE for HIDING LARGE PORES !!!!!!!!!

Wanted to clarify I use liquid foundations that are oil free.  I don't use powder foundations because they are very drying to my skin and accentuate any wrinkles/crinkles that I have a bit of. 

Super Contributor

Re: RAVE for HIDING LARGE PORES !!!!!!!!!

@virgosun What oil free matte foundation do u use. Also ur favorite serum. My skin sounds just like urs!! I have a lot of CC creams and use pericone tinted moisturizer with SPF.what do u think of Kristofer Buckles TSV?