Respected Contributor

RAVE! For Those Who Love A Pretty Tan!

wackers turned me on to spray tanning. There are a few tips, like lotion on the finger and toenails, palms of hands... but this looks like the real deal, unlike self-tanners on your face!

No accentuating fine lines, dark spots, etc. At least in my experience. A lot of self tanners do accentuate the "big bad stuff" Plus, as we all know.. it can look unnatural and slightly orange.

None of that!

While it doesn't last long.. (anywhere from 3 to 9 days depending) I highly recommend for a special occasion.

You don't have to go the "70's baby oil dark" either. Not my cup of tea. Such a nice veil of color to liven up your complexion - great for shorts & summer dresses. I was told I could shower in 4 hours after which surprised me. But she did say the longer you go without showering is best.

If you can keep it up thru summer... all the better! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Contributor

Re: RAVE! For Those Who Love A Pretty Tan!

I'm glad it worked for you but all spray tans are not the same. The last time I went I got horrible streaks. The salon told me they don't sell a lot of spray tans (they have one booth for spray but mostly sell tanning bed tans) and the jets were likely clogged. I did get good color, where it wasn't streaked.

I've also had spray tans that didn't give realistic color. It all depends on the products used.

Respected Contributor

On 5/26/2014 Smidget said:

I'm glad it worked for you but all spray tans are not the same. The last time I went I got horrible streaks. The salon told me they don't sell a lot of spray tans (they have one booth for spray but mostly sell tanning bed tans) and the jets were likely clogged. I did get good color, where it wasn't streaked.

I've also had spray tans that didn't give realistic color. It all depends on the products used.

Good point Smidgetl I guess just like ST.. spray tanning isn't created equal. I wasn't sure what to expect but had a good experience.. it looks better today as it developed. I do detect a slight smell, but all STs have the active ingredient. Some odors in products are covered better than others.

Respected Contributor

I've never had the same result from a spray out of a can. This is MUCH superior.

Respected Contributor

""The longer U can go without showering""? Definitely a deal breaker! Do U want a tan or be smelly? No thanks!

Honored Contributor

My niece swears by spray tanning. It does look more natural than any faux tanner I have seen. Personally, I have no desire to spray tan, and I gave up on faux tanning products a few years ago. I have vowed not to worry about what others think of my fair skin. I will stick to Sally Hansen leg makeup when I want a bit of glow to my legs. I actually mix it with my body lotion so it really is just a hint of color. Otherwise, watch out, because my fair skin may be headed your way.

Respected Contributor

On 5/26/2014 Skylands said:

"The longer U can go without showering"? Definitely a deal breaker! Do U want a tan or be smelly? No thanks!

I was nice and clean from head to toe b4 I went for the spray tan LATE yesterday afternoon. It was a birthday present... I've always been curious about the results.

Good Grief, Skylands! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Maybe YOU would..... but I don't stink!

Cut some slack here. And use common sense. I wouldn't go long without showering.

She meant shower at bedtime.. or the next morning, which I have!

Respected Contributor

I know it's not for everyone, and respect that.. That's why the header begins as:

For Those Who

Get it? Got it. Good!!!

Super Contributor

Are you kidding me? Who has the time to get or money to pay for a spray tan every week? All summer long? Do you people have jobs, families or anything other than your social events that require tans? Jergens makes a very nice lotion that can be applied after getting out of the shower that gives you a natural glow. Thought my dentist had just returned from a vacation when I asked about her healthy tan. She told me nope she just used this lotion a few days a week to maintain the look. Have a happy summer.

Respected Contributor

I didn't mean for the last post to sound mean-spirited for those of you who choose not to tan.

I GET it.. and have felt the same.

Actually, I haven't used a ST for a few years now. I just haven't been happy with the results nor do I want the hassle.

I really do respect all input, so everyone is entitled to share their own opinion on ST, spray tanning... All POV are welcome! {#emotions_dlg.mellow}